Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

João Teixeira: ‘Brighton has been good but my dream is to play for Liverpool’

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Given that the extent of his Liverpool career seems to have been 15 mins as a sub, I'd suggest that Brighton fans would have a much better idea of his potential. Had this guy ever seen him play?

For what it's worth, I don't think he's good enough to be a Liverpool player.

He would seem to be a long way behind younger players like Sterling and Ibe so would think his opportunities would be very limited. Edit just remembered Coutinho too.

I think realistically he would get in a lower prem squad. Would prefer he stay another season with us.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
If he wasn't at Liverpool then would anyone think that Liverpool would be trying to sign him on his performance this season?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
1 game in 10 doesn't make you a premiership player.

A dream but alas a pipe one

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Haven't read the entire thread. Good luck to the lad. With Gerrard leaving and Sterling's future in doubt. Ballotelli won't be there next season. Also, Sturridge struggles with injuries. It is a good time for him to make a play for the 1st team. It would be interesting to see him play alongside Coutinho.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
I quite like him. He's one of them players who once he gets on the ball you sit up and think that something may happen. A very rare thing this season. Apart from Lua Lua who else does that for us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's clear he is talented and maybe playing alongside more talented players than we have will be good for him. Certainly has provided some of the better moments this season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Quality on his day. But he is young so will have good and bad games. Anyway I expect big things in the next few days. The weather will be better and he is Brooker esque.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Imagine how good he could be if he wasn't playing alongside a bunch of League One carthorses. I don't think we can say we've seen his true potential considering the dirge he has to play alongside.

Saw yesterday that the Liverpool Echo did a piece asking which players they should sell and which they should keep, 73% thought Teixeira should be retained.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
My dream as a teenager might have been to shack up with Holly Valance but I'm now quite happy in my 30s to just have been punching above my weight.......... perhaps Brighton aren't a bad club, let's see where he is in a few years time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Imagine how good he could be if he wasn't playing alongside a bunch of League One carthorses. I don't think we can say we've seen his true potential considering the dirge he has to play alongside.

Saw yesterday that the Liverpool Echo did a piece asking which players they should sell and which they should keep, 73% thought Teixeira should be retained.

I wonder how many of the 73% have actually seen him play? It's like the average Brighton fan giving an opinion on whether or not we should offer Monakana a new contract.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Superstar teen doesn't want to play for a shit club SHOCKER. If you have as little ambition in life as you expect Teixeira to show then I feel sorry for you.

But harsh! Shit team at the mo yes but we're far from a shit club....

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
He'll be in the Liverpool squad, no problem. Our player of the season for me. With better players around him he'll only improve.

totaly agree... One player struggles when in company of mediocrity....I play Tennis reasonably but when playing with better players my game improves..conversely if playing with poor players I can easily play rubbish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here