Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Bit naughty of us doing this before the season ends. If the roles were reversed we’d be fuming
why would we? fair enough if watford have something to play for but they don’t. and fair enough if watford had rejected our offer and all our fans went on social media claiming that watford were denying him of his dream of playing at a certain level, but again this isn’t what happened. in any case, what upset everyone was people leaving just AFTER the end of the window, not before.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
why would we? fair enough if watford have something to play for but they don’t. and fair enough if watford had rejected our offer and all our fans went on social media claiming that watford were denying him of his dream of playing at a certain level, but again this isn’t what happened. in any case, what upset everyone was people leaving just AFTER the end of the window, not before.
This. News of the deal only broke after Watford couldn't mathematically make the play-offs any more. It still hasn't been officially confirmed even if we all know it. He had made 14 starts in a row for Watford before that and the majority of Watford fans understand that a move is in the best interests of all parties. It's hardly like this hasn't all been done in a reasonable fashion.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This. News of the deal only broke after Watford couldn't mathematically make the play-offs any more. It still hasn't been officially confirmed even if we all know it. He had made 14 starts in a row for Watford before that and the majority of Watford fans understand that a move is in the best interests of all parties. It's hardly like this hasn't all been done in a reasonable fashion.

Exactly. No hissy fits in the media. No letters demanding transfer requests. No Agents demanding we free his man.

Instead we speak to all parties, get agreements and wrap it up with everyone satisfied. More like showing how it should be done.

Yes he's their star player but that is the way of the football world, the bigger fish eat the smaller fish.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So transfer related stuff wouldn’t affect a player mid season ? Or did we only show our interest and wrap it all up just after it was mathematically impossible for Watford to do anything, but still ruled him out of the last 2 games.

I don’t care, just find it funny that 100% if it was the other way round fans would be angry

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He has some quality & speed. I don't think it's good enough defensively
It’s such a strange one with Lamptey. When he first burst on the scene he looked nailed on to be one of the finest RBS in the league for years - a clear regular England player and worth over £50m. I still think he has a future but the last year or 2 have not lived up to initial promise. He’s young, I want to give him some more time to rediscover the form pre injury…

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It’s such a strange one with Lamptey. When he first burst on the scene he looked nailed on to be one of the finest RBS in the league for years - a clear regular England player and worth over £50m. I still think he has a future but the last year or 2 have not lived up to initial promise. He’s young, I want to give him some more time to rediscover the form pre injury…
It is strange - but what was also strange was that Chelsea let him go. I appreciate they had James who they held to be the better prospect, but still, it was a knockdown price. When we learned his hamstrings had to be managed that seemed to make a bit more sense. I am not sure we will ever the explosive speed we initially saw - bit like Will Buckley - but he can still be an important player for us.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
For the love of god please don't parade him,I still remember the Locadia parade,he came out tripped up on the camera cable and didn't wave at me,still fuming.
The only occasion Locadia ever made an impact in an Albion shirt..

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I do wonder if the contract he signed after the Newcastle move fell through might not have had a release if not promoted clause of some type and this is why Watford are letting him go? And why it was announced pretty much as soon as it was mathematically clear they weren't going to get promoted?

Maybe something like a release clause for the £25m that Newcastle had offered, that would trigger at the end of the season? So by swooping in at £30m, Watford are happy to wrap it up quickly before any other team swoops in with a lower offer they'd be forced to accept?

I'm just speculating, but it would seem a sensible request for a young player signing a new contract with a team just relegated. And a solid motivation to sell quickly from Watford. An a good bit of business from Brighton (sure, you pay a premium, but you wrap it up without having to compete with half a dozen other teams).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It is strange - but what was also strange was that Chelsea let him go. I appreciate they had James who they held to be the better prospect, but still, it was a knockdown price. When we learned his hamstrings had to be managed that seemed to make a bit more sense. I am not sure we will ever the explosive speed we initially saw - bit like Will Buckley - but he can still be an important player for us.
Chelsea let Lamptey go cheaply as they didn’t have any other choice. His contract was up in the summer and he wasn’t going to sign the new deal they’d offered him. He was about to sign a pre-contract agreement with a French club which would have meant no transfer fee at all.

We got in and offered them a deal in the January window so they at least got something rather than lose him for nothing that summer (if he went abroad) or it go to tribunal if he’d joined another English club.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Starting 11 next season?

OUT:
Veltman (Free)
Caicedo (80 M)
Mac Allister (70 M)
Undav (5 M)

IN:
Pedro (30 M)
Adringa (Loan Return)
Milner (Free)
Boniface (6 M)

-------------------Steele---------

--Lampety----Webster--Dunk---Estupian

--------------Gross---Moder-------------

--------------------Pedro---------

---March-------Ferguson--------Mitoma
Veltman and Undav out? 🤔

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He has some quality & speed. I don't think it's good enough defensively

My thoughts exactly. I’ve not seen anything yet from TL to suggest that he’ll consistently negate opposition threats down our right. Far from it. Veltman and Gross are light years ahead in their defensive abilities.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I think he is PL quality when fit. The problem is clearly "when fit"
he is definitely pl quality, just probably ‘below 12th’ kind of quality. not great defensively, not the most fantastic crosser and has lost a lot of his pace with that injury. he isn’t inadequate or anything, right back would just be a good area to upgrade on

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I do wonder if the contract he signed after the Newcastle move fell through might not have had a release if not promoted clause of some type and this is why Watford are letting him go? And why it was announced pretty much as soon as it was mathematically clear they weren't going to get promoted?

Maybe something like a release clause for the £25m that Newcastle had offered, that would trigger at the end of the season? So by swooping in at £30m, Watford are happy to wrap it up quickly before any other team swoops in with a lower offer they'd be forced to accept?

I'm just speculating, but it would seem a sensible request for a young player signing a new contract with a team just relegated. And a solid motivation to sell quickly from Watford. An a good bit of business from Brighton (sure, you pay a premium, but you wrap it up without having to compete with half a dozen other teams).

Pretty fair assumption that.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Edit, even when the big fella romps forward and scores a record goal……Atmosphere is non-existent at Etihad…. Awful, soulless place to play football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here