[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Trossard started 18 of our first 18 PL games this season normally playing on the left side of a front three or four and a couple of times as a false 9.
Mitoma , although they played together a couple of times, has started as a left sided attacker/winger in every game - since Southampton (A) since he left .
Mitoma has clearly replaced Trossard in the team.
Albion tend to look a few windows ahead so Trossard's replacement could well be Adingra given he's he had 20+ goals and assists for RUSG this season and er, plays on the left side of a attack either as a winger or as a false 9.
But the idea that - given we already have Sarmiento, Buonanotte, Enciso, and now Pedro as either attacking No 10s or wingers or false 9s fighting for a place - we still need to replace Trossard ? Do we ?

PS: I'm assuming that Pedro is "replacing" Alexis to some extent but its not as simple as that given the roles Alexis plays in the team as both a No.10 and in the pivot with Caicedo and that he can also play as a striker, second striker and a no.10.
I don’t see Buonanotte, Sarmiento and Enciso quite the same - none is a ‘run in behind’ player (and nor do they seem cut out for the false 9 position). The fact Mitoma has played pretty much every minute and now looks knackered tells its own story - we don’t have anyone else who can do what he does. We started the season with Trossard and Mitoma and we need options in the squad. This guy looks like he would give us that and we’d have the option to play both him and Mitoma, and also to give Mitoma a rest every now and then.

Same is true of Mwepu - Caicedo and Ali Mac look knackered and if we’d had Mwepu (or a fit Lallana) it’s reasonable to assume we’d have been able to reduce the minutes in their legs as well.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I don’t see Buonanotte, Sarmiento and Enciso quite the same - none is a ‘run in behind’ player (and nor do they seem cut out for the false 9 position). The fact Mitoma has played pretty much every minute and now looks knackered tells its own story - we don’t have anyone else who can do what he does. We started the season with Trossard and Mitoma and we need options in the squad. This guy looks like he would give us that and we’d have the option to play both him and Mitoma, and also to give Mitoma a rest every now and then.

Same is true of Mwepu - Caicedo and Ali Mac look knackered and if we’d had Mwepu (or a fit Lallana) it’s reasonable to assume we’d have been able to reduce the minutes in their legs as well.

Trossard wasn't. He was all dribbling, twists and turns.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Trossard wasn't. He was all dribbling, twists and turns.
I get your point, but he did manage to find himself beyond the defence a lot (not always finishing well…). And he played the false 9 a fair bit too. My feeling is that Buonanotte and Enciso are more ‘in front of the defence’ number 8/10 type players - linking up play and creating. Sarmiento seems the most similar to Tross but hasn’t been fit much. The biggest issue is that since Tross left Mitoma (and March) have played every minute. Having Pedro and Adingra feels like we’d have options so that doesn’t have to happen (without weakening us).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
3A0A0DCE-2762-4823-892F-EC3CF0CA3354.jpeg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Romantic? Perhaps. But we’ve moved on a lot in just a season. The narrative around the club has shifted. Mac & Caicedo anchoring midfield is Champions League quality and every other position in the side is filled with quality, technical, elite footballers. Taking a leaf out of RDZ’s playbook - it’s time we stopped with the inferiority complex.
OK, no footballing reasons for moving on then (although TBH I'm not entirely convinced about that). It's just the doubling or trebling of wages then .... I wonder why they bother? :facepalm:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
On Wednesday (before the Forest game), the BBC wrote this about Brighton:
''Brighton are averaging 18.8 shots and 7.2 shots on target per game in the Premier League in 2023, more than any side in the division.'

I remember thinking we could do with someone who can tuck those chances away.
Whether Pedro is that someone remains to be seen, but he won't be short of service.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
MacAllister's father says he wants to move, and is his agent.

This is the only tweet and there is nothing established about it. Your use of an insulting name does you no favours in posting your opinion.

Maybe they have watched his last few games and seen his wayward shots/attempts on goal and are now having 2nd thoughts. We can live in hope

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Starting 11 next season?

OUT:
Veltman (Free)
Caicedo (80 M)
Mac Allister (70 M)
Undav (5 M)

IN:
Pedro (30 M)
Adringa (Loan Return)
Milner (Free)
Boniface (6 M)

-------------------Steele---------

--Lampety----Webster--Dunk---Estupian

--------------Gross---Moder-------------

--------------------Pedro---------

---March-------Ferguson--------Mitoma

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Andy Naylor:

'AC Milan had also expressed interest in Joao Pedro but the length of his Watford contract, which runs until 2028, is likely to have pushed him out of budget for the Serie A side'

I bet you never thought we'd turn them over in the transfer market did you ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Twitter at its funniest...

Screenshot 2023-04-29 015049.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Moder or ALZATE to to replace Ali Mac, wow!
Alzate was MotM last season at home ti Chelsea. I believe his style is right up RDZ’s street. When the boss sees the Colombian pre-season, he’ll be convinced and we’ll see Alzate straight in the starting lineup for our first August game.
Starting 11 next season?

OUT:
Veltman (Free)
Caicedo (80 M)
Mac Allister (70 M)
Undav (5 M)

IN:
Pedro (30 M)
Adringa (Loan Return)
Milner (Free)
Boniface (6 M)

I think we get another year out of Caicedo and Colwill’s replacement will play ahead of Webster.

————————-Steele————————
Groß———-Dunk——New Colwill—-Pervis
————Alzate————Caicedo————-
————————-Pedro————————
—March————Ferguson———Mitoma-

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Starting 11 next season?

OUT:
Veltman (Free)
Caicedo (80 M)
Mac Allister (70 M)
Undav (5 M)

IN:
Pedro (30 M)
Adringa (Loan Return)
Milner (Free)
Boniface (6 M)

Veltman won’t be going anywhere

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
This is what my Watford supporting ex colleague says of Pedro:

“He’s a talented young man who has bags of skill. He needs to be moulded into a being a team player. Currently has a tendency to over play situations by trying to do too much on his own, will beat 3/4 opponents and then ‘run up a blind alley’. If he develops he could make World Cup 2026 “

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This is what my Watford supporting ex colleague says of Pedro:

“He’s a talented young man who has bags of skill. He needs to be moulded into a being a team player. Currently has a tendency to over play situations by trying to do too much on his own, will beat 3/4 opponents and then ‘run up a blind alley’. If he develops he could make World Cup 2026 “

Basically pre season Enciso
“Julio, juuuuuuulio, JUUUUUUULIO”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports