Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I've actually seen him play this season as I attended a dour 0-0 home draw vs Hull City in December, on The Day It Snowed.

Due to some early injuries for Watford he was forced to spend the majority of the game playing CM/CDM, in which he didn't look entirely comfortable, but he put in a shift, had 2 of Watford's 3 shots on target, and was directing the players around him. He was Watford's best player (on a day when Watford were poor - they had two separate players subbed on and then off again!)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Brighton & Hove Albion​

On 5 July 2018, Bernardo joined Brighton & Hove Albion from Leipzig for £9 million.[7] Bernardo made his debut for the Sussex club on 11 August in a 2–0 away loss to Watford. He made a total of 22 Premier League appearances in his first season with Brighton. He scored his first goal for The Seagulls on 17 September 2020 in a 4–0 home victory over Portsmouth in the EFL Cup.[8]
Thanks but it was in response to the idea that Bernardo didn't speak Portuguese.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
But weren’t we after Nunez a year earlier, before a stack of goals in his final Benfica season?
We were indeed. Once whilst he was at Almeria, once at Benfica

Both horrible sauces, but one of the many that reported the move

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
But weren’t we after Nunez a year earlier, before a stack of goals in his final Benfica season?
We attempted to sign him the year before, as you say, and then again the following season before Liverpool came in. We couldn't compete with them once they did. We were closest the previous season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Genuinely does anyone think that the transfer departments and the strategy of the top clubs in the premiership are swayed by what is in the media or on Twitter? These are large teams of people working with huge budgets and data driven approaches….do we think they see a tweet and go, ‘oh never thought of that ‘Joao Pedro’ bloke but seeing as some fella on Twitter says Brighton are in for him, we had better put a cheeky offer in’?
Not as such but it's not always about those groups. There will be an element of agents keeping their clients name out there (especially if their client isn't in the Premier League anymore), plus media interest generates fan interest which can sometimes have a say in these things.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Talking to my Watford supporter mate it seems this guy would be most likened to Trossard, plays mostly central but not as a number 9. Very attacking mid, good link up play. Rated him very highly, said its certain he will leave now promotion isn’t happening for them. Rates him much higher than Sarr in their team.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I just Googled 'Jao Pedro Girlfriend' and rather wish I hadn't on seeing the results. :ohmy:
Police will be knocking on your door imminently… 🤣

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here