Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

João Carlos Teixeira

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thats a very flexible description as effectively they are playing 4 -4- 1=1 with 2 of the middle 4 getting forward to make it 4-2-3-1

That...doesn't even make any sense. I suppose triangles have 4 sides to you as well?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No thank you. 5-6 good games, rest of the time a non-event.
It's surprising that's so hard for so many to see.

Sure when he was on his game he was almost unplayable.
Making the months of inactivity all the more frustrating.

Anyway don't we now have Stephens and Crofts vying for that position?

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's surprising that's so hard for so many to see.

Sure when he was on his game he was almost unplayable.
Making the months of inactivity all the more frustrating.

Anyway don't we now have Stephens and Crofts vying for that position?

Had a mixed bag of a season but when he was good he was very, very good - but not consistently enough. Seemed to toughen up before he got injured. Sensational against Ipswich and his ball to Solly against Fulham (his favourite outside of the boot thing) was brilliant.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Looked to get stronger towards the end of the season and will probably have trained on for that experience. Not sure if CH is looking for two wingers that we are going to play that way but if we did then he would be a great signing assuming he's fit. That said I would prefer us to play our own players rather than someone else's..

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He'd be a realistic transfer target. Last year of contract at Liverpool, and he's unlikely to have a future there.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Just don't see him as a 'Houghton fit'. Believe CH will be targeting strong, physical, reliable players in the Rosenior mould, not flaky show ponies who disappear when the going gets tough. Not ignoring at his best, his skills were sublime and he bossed some games, but in others he was invisible.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just don't see him as a 'Houghton fit'. Believe CH will be targeting strong, physical, reliable players in the Rosenior mould, not flaky show ponies who disappear when the going gets tough. Not ignoring at his best, his skills were sublime and he bossed some games, but in others he was invisible.

I agree, I think he will not go for Texiera. He can't shoot from distance. Jamie Murphy is quite lightweight but he is a lot stronger than Tex. I don't think there is any room for more that one physical lightweight in the starting 11.

Murphy will also get more goals and is more two footed than Tex

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Had a mixed bag of a season but when he was good he was very, very good - but not consistently enough.

don't forget he was playing in a struggling, relegation candidate, championship team. i doubt many of the squad will look back on last season with a great sense of personal pride. plus, he's still young and youth more often than not brings inconsistency. i'd love to see him back and, if he doesn't develop over the course of the season, meh... what's one more wasted loan? he showed enough last season to be worth the risk, IMHO of course. can't see it happening though as premier league football with someone like bournemouth would surely benefit liverpool and the player more.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
don't forget he was playing in a struggling, relegation candidate, championship team. i doubt many of the squad will look back on last season with a great sense of personal pride. plus, he's still young and youth more often than not brings inconsistency. i'd love to see him back and, if he doesn't develop over the course of the season, meh... what's one more wasted loan? he showed enough last season to be worth the risk, IMHO of course.
IMHO also - would have him back in an instant. When he came on at Birmingham he was obviously a different class. Yes, he held on to the ball too long - but you could almost see him looking round to see who was there to pass to. In a better team (like Liverpool U21s for instance) players would have been making themselves available: our's weren't. When he made a pass that went wrong it was because he passed into a space which (in a half decent team) somebody would have been bombing into; not something our players were into last season!
Hopefully we'll have more players with a clue this year, especially in the attacking options (if CH can rid the club of its defensive mindedness (aka negativity) which is a hangover from Poyet's less successful days) and if we do, I'd stick Tex in the middle with no qualms whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here