Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixara in on loan

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
This young lad is the best player not in LFC's first team squad. Think Vicente in his prime with a lot less miles on the clock.
Unbelievable signing for us, similar to Coutinho. Small and quick, maybe a bit lightweight but he is going to be a top European player and we have him foe a whole season !

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Having seen a video of his previous performances he will be a fantastic acquisition for us and the fans will be clamouring for us to "sign him up" by the end if the season!

Anyone can look world beaters in edited videos. The most important stat is the 3 subs appearances by the age of 21.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This is utter rubbish. Not until he's entered the field of play will I believe this. And even then I reckon we'd **** up the paperwork and end up getting fined or points deducted going by our current standard.

Nah, just another passing rumour. Nobody knows.

"Never miss a good chance to shut up"

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This young lad is the best player not in LFC's first team squad. Think Vicente in his prime with a lot less miles on the clock.
Unbelievable signing for us, similar to Coutinho. Small and quick, maybe a bit lightweight but he is going to be a top European player and we have him foe a whole season !
Complete nonsense, if he was Vicente in his prime he would be playing for Liverpool this season.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
"Never miss a good chance to shut up"

Have you seen him on the pitch wearing blue and white strips yet? Hmmmm, thought not so every chance this can and will go wrong still. 8 of the cats have been accounted for but the ninth is still out there!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Having seen a video of his previous performances he will be a fantastic acquisition for us and the fans will be clamouring for us to "sign him up" by the end if the season!

By all accounts, he was just behind Coutinho and Sterling in the pecking order, which is why he was in last years 1st team squad. This season LFC have new signings so he would drop out of the 25.
If he is as good as people in the know say, and does well for us, he will either go back to LFC or be snapped up by another Prem team or abroad. Hopefully we can get a great season out of him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
all the input on him suggest a great player waiting to break through. bit odd that he hasnt at 21, maybe just bit lightwieght?

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Can you put the pronunciation in brackets as well as no-one has a clue. I have an inkling we might be singing for him quite a bit........

There's a Brazilian fighter in the UFC called Glover Teixeira. The way the US commentators on the FOX coverage pronounce that sounds like Shearer with "Tu" (as in Tut) in front.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd guess it's something like te-zhe-ra.....but I don't know much Portuguese (despite several weeks working in Brazil and an annual Algarve 'golf' trip)

Last edited:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Complete nonsense, if he was Vicente in his prime he would be playing for Liverpool this season.

How many times have you seen him play? I first saw hom play for Sporting Lisbon in the next-gen competition when they beat a very good LFC team at Anfield 3-1 and he danced by three players and scored from outside the box. LFC then paid £1.5m for him.
He is young and rare but very quick. if you don't know who he is or what he's like why make a uninformed comment?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
How many times have you seen him play? I first saw hom play for Sporting Lisbon in the next-gen competition when they beat a very good LFC team at Anfield 3-1 and he danced by three players and scored from outside the box. LFC then paid £1.5m for him.
He is young and rare but very quick. if you don't know who he is or what he's like why make a uninformed comment?

I think you might be going a little ott with the comparison to Vicente in his prime IMO.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Because if he was as good as Vicente in his prime then he would be starting for Liverpool this season and would have torn shreds through League 1 last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here