Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jo Brand Comment

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
SHE'S A COMEDIAN. IT WAS A JOKE!

That's what makes it different from Farage / Robinson.

So WHY was Baker sacked? The post is about the hypocrisy of the BBC

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Meaningless waffle. You suggest I’d like to see battery acid thrown over someone Quite an accusation and a sick one at that.
You didn’t challenge me, you accused me. Very different things.
Don’t massively insult someone and then get all precious when you are called out on it.

Where the hell did I do that? You really are an idiotic buffoon, picking fights with all and sundry seemingly with gay abandon. You espouse the politics of a utopian ideal but behave like a tyrant with your refusal to accept the validity of any opinion but your own. You really just embarrass those on the left who may actually have a valid opinion.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Where the hell did I do that? You really are an idiotic buffoon, picking fights with all and sundry seemingly with gay abandon. You espouse the politics of a utopian ideal but behave like a tyrant with your refusal to accept the validity of any opinion but your own. You really just embarrass those on the left who may actually have a valid opinion.

Where did you do that? When you childishly edited my post to say her opinion endorses my own. If you’re going to make accusations at least be man enough to admit it when called out. Anyway, it’s there for all to see.
You’re an idiot and I’ll leave you to your weird, scrambled imaginings. Spineless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So WHY was Baker sacked? The post is about the hypocrisy of the BBC

Baker worked for the Beeb so he could be sacked. Does Brand work at the Beeb as well?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Baker worked for the Beeb so he could be sacked. Does Brand work at the Beeb as well?

Certainly doesn’t have an exclusive contract. Doesn’t host any long running shows or series I don’t think and works mostly on ITV I think. Think she’s just a guest on things on BBC. Chances are you won’t see or hear much from her on the beeb for a while.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

She is a regular guest on HIGNFY and Radio 4 shows so they have the ability to be clear about standards and can say she should no longer be used as a guest and, I'd imagine she's also employed in some way? If a contractor she could lose her status? I personally think the joke is in bad taste but don't think she should be sacked, but question why they were so quick to sack Baker but not Brand and have come out in support of Brand.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
4C0323FA-6060-45A7-AD68-6AAEB08A1DC2.jpeg

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Now there's a woman that more than likely produced battery acid from her odious tits when breastfeeding her own kids.(and I think the other one is Jo Brand.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She is a regular guest on HIGNFY and Radio 4 shows so they have the ability to be clear about standards and can say she should no longer be used as a guest and, I'd imagine she's also employed in some way? If a contractor she could lose her status? I personally think the joke is in bad taste but don't think she should be sacked, but question why they were so quick to sack Baker but not Brand and have come out in support of Brand.

Fair enough. There is a difference though, in that racism has numerous specific laws attached to it. Bad taste doesn’t. The beeb has diversity standards as well. Not necessarily saying I agree but I can see why Baker might be handled differently.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So far....
How long did they support Baker for? I picture him receiving an email stating he'd been sacked the moment he pressed 'Tweet'.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I like Brand but I think that's a joke too far. Farage is obviously an odious tool, but the thing is there's a line that's been crossed and the BBC should make her apologise and cancel her bookings for a period of time.

Where does the ' obviously ' come in. Do you know him or is it a reaction to someone with a different viewpoint to your own? Clearly, maturity has passed you by and decided to bestow itself upon more worthy recipients.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Under no circumstances post context on here. It stops a good binfest. It's her turn today, Danny Baker and John Cleese had theirs a couple of weeks ago and tomorrow it will be someone else. Just pleased for once the BBC have stood by her comments and stressed IT'S A JOKE idiots.
That's the whole point - why are they doing it just this once? It's double standards.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Should have said 'pig slurry'.
Indeed that would have been better. We'd have all been in agreement with her. Well, all but a couple of posters.

But real people have their lives destroyed by people throwing acid in their face. It's not funny.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I can't abide Farage but I have to say the BBC not disciplining Jo Brand for saying she'd have preferred if protesters threw battery acid instead of milkshake is appalling, especially as they say we should all know it's a joke. It stinks of double standards and protectionism of the liberal left.

BTW voted remain and can't abide EDL, BREXIT and Tommy Robinson et al, before you accuse me of such.

Just to be clear Jo Brand doesnt work for the BBC - She was contracted by Hatrick productions - so the BBC can't sack her . However the program is pre recorded so someone decided to leave that edit in .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough. There is a difference though, in that racism has numerous specific laws attached to it. Bad taste doesn’t.
Inciting violence does. Are you really that confident that no one will throw acid in a politician's face? Also, has Baker been prosecuted by the police for breaking any racism laws?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just to be clear Jo Brand doesnt work for the BBC - She was contracted by Hatrick productions - so the BBC can't sack her . However the program is pre recorded so someone decided to leave that edit in .

OK, I see the difference but my initial point was the hypocrisy with which they operate, they decided to sack Baker but supported Brand, therefore it's a reasonable assumption to say that had see worked for them she wouldn't have been sacked and that seems hypocritical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here