Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
She's lovely, but there are an absurd number of gorgeous girls in the Czech Republic, I see more surprising pairings here in Prague every day. :)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What a strange thing to say? So a winger has to be able to beat a full back does he?

Not at Brighton. We have a long and proud tradition of wingers who aren't very fast, can't beat a man and can't cross the ball. Peter O'Sullivan and Gerry Ryan were the classic examples. But they managed to contribute in other ways (and we got promoted with them in the team).

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Not at Brighton. We have a long and proud tradition of wingers who aren't very fast, can't beat a man and can't cross the ball. Peter O'Sullivan and Gerry Ryan were the classic examples. But they managed to contribute in other ways (and we got promoted with them in the team).

Im arguing about a player that cant beat his man but CAN cross a ball tho

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Jiri features in the Guardian's excellent guide to Euro 2016: http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2016/jun/01/euro-2016-the-complete-guide-to-every-squad-and-every-player-in-france

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 11.51.23.png

Well thankfully with a fully fit Solly and Knocky, that interesting debate can be shelved for a while

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well thankfully with a fully fit Solly and Knocky, that interesting debate can be shelved for a while

Bore off Paddy.

This is a positive thread about his selection at the Euros, it would be lovely to keep it like that. Every other Skalak thread is riddled with your trademark condescending nonsense, give it a rest on this one perhaps?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Oh I say. Another example of the magical power of football there. I love Jiri, but I've got to say, he appears to be batting WELL above his average.

Give him a shave and a tidy hair cut and it wouldn't be so bad.

Let's get ready for the SKALAK ATTACK people, taking the euros by storm.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Where to watch live:

The international friendly - Czech Republic vs Russia is scheduled for a 6:00 p.m. local time (9:30 p.m. IST, 5 p.m. BST and 12:00 p.m. EST) start.

Unfortunately, there will be no live coverage of this game in India and UK.

Audience in US can watch Czech Republic vs Russia live on ESPN3 and stream the same on Watch ESPN.

Fans in Russia can watch Czech Republic vs Russia live on Channel One.

http://bets.thesportstream.com/russia-czech-republic/

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We ever had a player play at the euros ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can recall players who had previously played at or gone on to play at a major international tournament, although I can't recall anyone playing whilst actually contracted to the Albion.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I can recall players who had previously played at or gone on to play at a major international tournament, although I can't recall anyone playing whilst actually contracted to the Albion.

Steve Foster played in the 1982 World Cup (?) while he was a Brighton player, I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here