Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jimmy Carr

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
it isn't racist , gypsies aren't a race .....it's crass and uncouth but it isn't racist , i'm Irish had loads of BANTER through my formative years , unfortunately i'm one of the ones who didn't give a shyte and you got back what you gave out , i'm happy in my skin .......which is apparently all that matters , what a load of old bollox honestly , people are just stupid these days , uneducated ****whitts.And there is a reason for it.

There is a reason the Nazis killed Gypsies, Roma and Sinti. Your experience in life is completely irrelevant to the debate.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
a famous person said , " wokist, cancel culture was bourne out of upper/middle class ****whitts coming out of university and despite having attained their degree, still possessing shit for brains."

John Lydon

Had he been to university he might have left the "U" out of bourne (and maybe the "h" and a "t" out of another word in your above quote)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
are they ...?? are they really...?? Kurds , Hyughirs, Karens(thai) Karens(burmese) Mongols...?? research your genealogy mate , i'm not sure race is the correct nomenclature.

In the context of the Holocaust The Nazi’s treated them (as per the Jews) as a specific race and murdered them because of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't have a problem with comedians tackling sensitive subjects like Nazism, disability, paedophilia, ant-Semitism, obesity but lighting a flame and standing back a la Jimmy Carr is not the way to do it.

Chris Morris and Larry David do it SO much better.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I don't have a problem with comedians tackling sensitive subjects like Nazism, disability, paedophilia, ant-Semitism, obesity but lighting a flame and standing back a la Jimmy Carr is not the way to do it.

Good Nazism-bad Nazism?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

On one of his older pods, Richard Herring once went down a very long and convoluted path that eventually popped out at:-

Paedophiles are the good guys.

It was so long ago I can't remember how he got there, I just remember the feeling of 'how the f**k did he get me here'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On one of his older pods, Richard Herring once went down a very long and convoluted path that eventually popped out at:-

Paedophiles are the good guys.

It was so long ago I can't remember how he got there, I just remember the feeling of 'how the f**k did he get me here'.

His old partner Stewart Lee does a brilliant sketch - filmed in Scotland - linking William Wallace with being a paedophile by dint of him sleeping with Princess Isabella of France:

Thirdly, you know that French princess he’s supposed to have sex with? This French princess, in the film, you remember? And the implication is that he gets her pregnant and she marries Edward II of England, so it’s his kid. Now – she was a real historical figure, that French princess. But at the time of the death of William Wallace, Braveheart, your national hero, she was only four years old.

Now, Glasgow, I’m not saying that William Wallace, Brave heart, your national hero, didn’t have sex with her … You know … He probably did. But if he did – and he did, he definitely did, right – it would have been a far less romantic scene than the one enacted by Mel Gibson in the film Braveheart. It may have happened in a tent, but it would still have been not a romantic scene. Because that would have made William Wallace, Braveheart, your national hero, a paedophile. A Scottish paedophile. The worst kind of paedophile that there is. Coming at you … through a bothy … with shortbread on its face … muttering unintelligible sexual threats in a frankly incomprehensible dialect.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Interesting from David Baddiel on this - the whole thread he's put not just the initial tweet [tweet]1489910683387011073[/tweet]

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't you just think though that if a comedian has to resort to joking about dead children, or murdering racial groups, then they probably aren't that funny. Surely once a comedian realises they are having to shock to these levels to elicit laughter they themselves must surely know that they are on the slide. Or maybe they just keep telling themselves they are edgy and plot how they dial the shock level up even one stage further.

Most of the comedy greats did it with, mastery of timing, accurate turn of phrase, perception of human nature and cleverly switching expectations. Any talentless, dimwit can make jokes about mass human misery

No, I don’t think that at all. And besides who made you Comedy God to determine what makes people laugh? Some people think bad language is a step too far in a joke. I disagree, it makes the punchline in many instances. Just let people laugh at what they want to and stop policing and judging people for a 5 second laugh. I never liked Bernard Manning or Roy Chubby bit plenty others did. Not for me to tell them what to laugh at and not should it be yours or anyone else’s.

boik

His old partner Stewart Lee does a brilliant sketch - filmed in Scotland - linking William Wallace with being a paedophile by dint of him sleeping with Princess Isabella of France:

Thirdly, you know that French princess he’s supposed to have sex with? This French princess, in the film, you remember? And the implication is that he gets her pregnant and she marries Edward II of England, so it’s his kid. Now – she was a real historical figure, that French princess. But at the time of the death of William Wallace, Braveheart, your national hero, she was only four years old.

Now, Glasgow, I’m not saying that William Wallace, Brave heart, your national hero, didn’t have sex with her … You know … He probably did. But if he did – and he did, he definitely did, right – it would have been a far less romantic scene than the one enacted by Mel Gibson in the film Braveheart. It may have happened in a tent, but it would still have been not a romantic scene. Because that would have made William Wallace, Braveheart, your national hero, a paedophile. A Scottish paedophile. The worst kind of paedophile that there is. Coming at you … through a bothy … with shortbread on its face … muttering unintelligible sexual threats in a frankly incomprehensible dialect.

Stewart Lees book is brilliant if you want to see how modern jokes are constructed. There's one that I won't even mention that a lot of people will think is as bad if not worse than Jimmys.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Trouble is to keep him in the public eye he’s now got to tell a joke about kicking a cat!

What too soon?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Trouble is to keep him in the public eye he’s now got to tell a joke about kicking a cat!

What too soon?

kids joke

two cats have a race to swim the channel

one english called one,two,three

one french called un,deux,trois

who won?

the english cat

the french cat

un,deux,trois,quatre,cinq :facepalm:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Don't you just think though that if a comedian has to resort to joking about dead children, or murdering racial groups, then they probably aren't that funny. Surely once a comedian realises they are having to shock to these levels to elicit laughter they themselves must surely know that they are on the slide. Or maybe they just keep telling themselves they are edgy and plot how they dial the shock level up even one stage further.

Most of the comedy greats did it with, mastery of timing, accurate turn of phrase, perception of human nature and cleverly switching expectations. Any talentless, dimwit can make jokes about mass human misery

Many people have dark humour.

It's why black/dark/gallows humour exists and its been around for a long time and will continue to be.

It's almost like it's part of human nature...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, I don’t think that at all. And besides who made you Comedy God to determine what makes people laugh? Some people think bad language is a step too far in a joke. I disagree, it makes the punchline in many instances. Just let people laugh at what they want to and stop policing and judging people for a 5 second laugh. I never liked Bernard Manning or Roy Chubby bit plenty others did. Not for me to tell them what to laugh at and not should it be yours or anyone else’s.

Oh fck off.

:lolol:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Stewart Lees book is brilliant if you want to see how modern jokes are constructed. There's one that I won't even mention that a lot of people will think is as bad if not worse than Jimmys.

what's the book's title? ta

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This sketch is comic genius. I have to say your highlight does the whole sketch a slight disservice. I love the way he subtly switches from Scottish to scotch, and how he summarizes with other national heroes.

These days…is genius as well.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This sketch is comic genius. I have to say your highlight does the whole sketch a slight disservice. I love the way he subtly switches from Scottish to scotch, and how he summarizes with other national heroes.

These days…is genius as well.

The video of the set is brilliant. There is a gentleman near the front, who is clearly being triggered by the offensiveness of the jokes, whilst realising what Lee is doing and finding it very funny at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here