Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim McNulty - Barnsley players Player of the Year

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Going through their match reports, it appears that Jim's being played as a central defender for Barnsley and not as a left-back.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Really pleased for him as that freak accident could easily have ended his career. Davies was crap for us but well done to him too.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
That picture is steeped in irony, two players who left us for very different reasons. one to get his greedy little fingers on more money and the other to get regular first team football so he could keep playing the game he loves. It's funny how both of them have left us and got the things that they were striving for. one will be cheered every time he returns and the other jeered for the choice they made

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Having lost both my kidneys and being on dialysis for 8 years I know how tiring it is.Jim is a top man,had a lot of pain. Spoke to him in the 'Sportsman' when he was with his girlfriend,he was overwhelmed with the support he got from the supporters...was very sorry to see him leave but wish him well wherever he goes.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Going through their match reports, it appears that Jim's being played as a central defender for Barnsley and not as a left-back.

We remain the only club who decided he was a left-back. At Stockport he was a centre back, Michael Rose played at left-back for them. When we signed him it was obvious he had more about him than just playing in the centre and considering the options we had, they decided he was to be used as a left back. And he is quality there, but he seems better in the centre.

I would be happy with Painter being released, and Mattock being signed to play, McNulty coming in to cover both positions. Nothing wrong with having versatile players at the back, you never know when you're going to have a man sent off and decide to play with 3 centre backs.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Good for him, always liked him and hoped that his career wouldn't take too much of a hit after THAT injury. Should be welcomed back if the opportunity arises, especially if it's as a replacement for a certain Mr Painter...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The supporters around me in WSU who went to the Watford game (I didn't), and are very loyal to the entire team, thought Gonzalez was and is awful, and should be released, along with Ankergren.

The aim is the PL, and we have to make hard decisions. The squad cannot keep expanding out of sentiment.

Hold up, they decided a keeper who had a bad first half (no argument from me in that regard and I was there), on his debut, followed by a much improved second half (looked more comfortable with crosses than either of the other two all season) should be released? Off one game?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hold up, they decided a keeper who had a bad first half (no argument from me in that regard and I was there), on his debut, followed by a much improved second half (looked more comfortable with crosses than either of the other two all season) should be released? Off one game?

You're new here aren't you, it's quite usual for players to only get 10 mins to prove themselves to some NSC posters :lolol:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We remain the only club who decided he was a left-back. At Stockport he was a centre back, Michael Rose played at left-back for them. When we signed him it was obvious he had more about him than just playing in the centre and considering the options we had, they decided he was to be used as a left back. And he is quality there, but he seems better in the centre.

I would be happy with Painter being released, and Mattock being signed to play, McNulty coming in to cover both positions. Nothing wrong with having versatile players at the back, you never know when you're going to have a man sent off and decide to play with 3 centre backs.

Vincelot is our utility man

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
You're new here aren't you, it's quite usual for players to only get 10 mins to prove themselves to some NSC posters :lolol:

Heh, yep, finally gave in to the pull of NSC after years of flirting with the idea...much to learn it seems!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here