Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Jim Jefferies tonight..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
At the Brighton Centre.

Anyone else going?

I saw him live oh, maybe over ten years ago and thought he was good. Not seen much of his more recent stuff but we got some comps so going along.

Anyone seen him recently?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Never heard of him until a couple of months back, a pal recommended him so I had a look at some of his stuff but, he's just too " sweary " for me.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
At the Brighton Centre.

Anyone else going?

I saw him live oh, maybe over ten years ago and thought he was good. Not seen much of his more recent stuff but we got some comps so going along.

Anyone seen him recently?
He’s that good, your only going because you got some freebies.
😂

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He’s that good, your only going because you got some freebies.
😂
😂😂

Well uhm, ha yeah Sort of.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t know he was playing but a mate who has contacts at the BC was offers a couple of freebies and we thought we’d head along. I certainly used to like him, we’ll see if he holds up!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I saw him do an Edinburgh warm-up show at the Komedia about 10 years ago. He was asking why society forgives some celebrities/entertainers for being paedophiles. He started listing famous paedos and several snowflakey gammons got very upset and abusive when he got on to people like Elvis and Charlie Chaplin. He told them where to go and they obliged by leaving. That was funnier than some of his material!

I googled his evidence and he was right, but some people just don’t like being told their hero is a nonce.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw him do an Edinburgh warm-up show at the Komedia about 10 years ago. He was asking why society forgives some celebrities/entertainers for being paedophiles. He started listing famous paedos and several snowflakey gammons got very upset and abusive when he got on to people like Elvis and Charlie Chaplin. He told them where to go and they obliged by leaving. That was funnier than some of his material!

I googled his evidence and he was right, but some people just don’t like being told their hero is a nonce.
To me it seems a bit odd doing stand up comedy based on discussing Paedophiles ?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I’m not sure if the material made it to Edinburgh but it turned into a much bigger thing with the heckling. He had form on this sort of thing:

What do you mean, he had form? He was violently assaulted that night and the attacker ended up behind bars. The ‘form’ he demonstrated was coming back for the late show that night sporting a black eye. Remember it well

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t write his material, I’m just enjoying a rare night off with a mate and free tickets 🤣

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What do you mean, he had form? He was violently assaulted that night and the attacker ended up behind bars. The ‘form’ he demonstrated was coming back for the late show that night sporting a black eye. Remember it well
The form I’m referring to is the way he dealt with the heckler.

“Things came to a head when Jeffries told the woman who had been making a nuisance of herself: ‘I’ll leave you alone now, just like your Dad did. Shame your grandfather didn’t.”

He was not that far off getting the same treatment in Brighton when I saw him. Justified? Absolutely not (the physical attack).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Top tips for seeing a stand up gig...never sit in the front row, don't get up to go to the bog mid show and NEVER heckle, these people are much cleverer than a heckler and will destroy you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

“Things came to a head when Jeffries told the woman who had been making a nuisance of herself: ‘I’ll leave you alone now, just like your Dad did. Shame your grandfather didn’t.”

He was not that far off getting the same treatment in Brighton when I saw him. Justified? Absolutely not (the physical attack).
He sounds like a thoroughly lovely man. @The Clamp I hope the beer is good. Is that free as well ?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009

He’ll certainly have form for that because that’s how hecklers are dealt with in the US comedy store circuit! Funny, and most of all, deserved for hecklers 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’m not sure if the material made it to Edinburgh but it turned into a much bigger thing with the heckling. He had form on this sort of thing:

Saw him in Edinburgh in 07 or 08 and he did include a bit about society forgiving some people for being paedophiles and not others, think the two he compared were Glitter and Michael Jackson. He also made reference to the person who attacked him in Manchester during his set.

I’ve always enjoyed Jim, you know what you are getting so it’s funny to see people being offended by him.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Saw him in Liverpool. Rough gig. Fight in the audience before hand. A drunk woman at the back heckled. He walked slowly to the side of the stage, sat down on a monitor, looked up into the darkness where the heckle had come from and said " I can't see you up there but I bet you're fat" and the whole of the back of the auditorium exploded with laughter. So I guess she was.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Top tips for seeing a stand up gig...never sit in the front row, don't get up to go to the bog mid show and NEVER heckle, these people are much cleverer than a heckler and will destroy you.
And even when they’re not that clever and rely on stock comebacks (I’ve seen several “spontaneous ad-lib” replies multiple times from the same comedians), the point is they have a microphone and you don’t. You can never win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here