Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Jim Gordon - dead

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Finding it hard to post this as an RIP thread as what he did was beyond comprehension and clearly he was mentally very unstable.

Brilliant drummer who played with the best though.

Sad and quite horrific story

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Finding it hard to post this as an RIP thread as what he did was beyond comprehension and clearly he was mentally very unstable.

Brilliant drummer who played with the best though.

Sad and quite horrific story

Good God .... I had no idea about his life.
I hope he is at peace now ... so tragic

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A very tragic story, but at least the brilliance of his drumming remains to be heard by all.

RIP

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The Gordon story is pretty awful, sad, tragic … his talent as a musician is there to hear on those classic Clapton moments especially…

Not likely he’ll be remembered well… but if you read about him, it’s pretty clear he wasn’t helped before it was too late :(

Hopefully he’ll find peace from the delusions and voices that plagued him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Gordon story is pretty awful, sad, tragic … his talent as a musician is there to hear on those classic Clapton moments especially…

Not likely he’ll be remembered well… but if you read about him, it’s pretty clear he wasn’t helped before it was too late :(

Hopefully he’ll find peace from the delusions and voices that plagued him.
With Derek and the Dominoes’ Layla being one of my favourite albums for 50+years, I often wondered what he was doing later on in life. Now I know. Dreadful. As you say, hope he finds some peace now.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
With Derek and the Dominoes’ Layla being one of my favourite albums for 50+years, O often wondered what he was doing later on in life. Now I know. Dreadful. As you say, hope he finds some peace now.
It’s hard sometimes, for it not to take the shine off proceedings… it does make you think … however, in this instance I suspect chances (doubtless many) to prevent the snowball of tragedy from growing ever larger were sadly missed… he was ill and the system failed… I guess I’m trying to say (or justify) still enjoying his work on that album in particular… I think that’s okay, whilst acknowledging what he did is incomprehensible to people who haven’t suffered at extreme end of mental illness.

Sigh, it’s sad, it really is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here