Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Gannon is staying at Stockport?!?! STOP THE PRESS:ohmy:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Him and the Stockport board have used us to get a better offer for him.

Anybody having to uproot the family and move 200 miles away would have agreed it with wife etc before attending an interview. If I was asked to go and run a pub in Machester and my wife said that she wouldnt go I wouldnt have bothered attending the interview in the first place.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
No disrespect to Stockport as a football team or as a town,but i think it is a very sad day when we cannot persuade their manager to move to Sussex and manage our club.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No disrespect to Stockport as a football team or as a town,but i think it is a very sad day when we cannot persuade their manager to move to Sussex and manage our club.

So you would move across the country to take up the same position in a company that is smaller than your current one when you are worshipped at your current job whereas the new company has just got rid of their previous person after less than 9 months?

I am gutted Gannon is not coming but I can understand his decision and I don't think it is anything to do with us.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So you would move across the country to take up the same position in a company that is smaller than your current one when you are worshipped at your current job whereas the new company has just got rid of their previous person after less than 9 months?

I am gutted Gannon is not coming but I can understand his decision and I don't think it is anything to do with us.

Well said; me too; & I agree. :down:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Actually that is completely disrespectful to Stockport, which is fair enough.

But it's also disrespectful to Jim Gannon.
I would like to think that Stockport with there financial problems have gone as far as they can for the forseable future;
Whereas i would like to think that the Albion (new stadium on the horizon) would of been a more attractive proposition!

And i say that with no disrespect to anyone.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So you would move across the country to take up the same position in a company that is smaller than your current one

So you are trying to tell me that Stockport County are a bigger club.

They are higher in the league at the moment. We can talk about Falmer and how big we are going to be but how many of our recent managers have lasted for over 2 years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here