Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jihadi john dead?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Can you elaborate please? How do you think this self-confessed murderer should have been portrayed by the press? Personally speaking, I think it's a pretty much given that he's committed unimaginably horrific acts on innocent people.

His supporters in CAGE described him as a beautiful man whereas the British media have him marked as a despicable terrorist. I'm happy, based on his own admissions, to side with the latter opinion so where do you sit in this because I'm struggling to see where there are any grey areas.

I'm not one to wish death upon anyone but I can't say that I think the world is a poorer place with his passing. Good riddance.

Jihadi John?

Sounds more like an x-men character. If that's how you want to follow war then fair play but I'm not one for believing in this super terrorist stuff hyped up by crappy tabloid bullshit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jihadi John?

Sounds more like an x-men character. If that's how you want to follow war then fair play but I'm not one for believing in this super terrorists stuff hyped up by crappy tabloid bullshit.

The enemy has always been pilloried by the press. By satirising them, you take away the fear from the public.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Can you elaborate please? How do you think this self-confessed murderer should have been portrayed by the press? Personally speaking, I think it's a pretty much given that he's committed unimaginably horrific acts on innocent people.

His supporters in CAGE described him as a beautiful man whereas the British media have him marked as a despicable terrorist. I'm happy, based on his own admissions, to side with the latter opinion so where do you sit in this because I'm struggling to see where there are any grey areas.

I'm not one to wish death upon anyone but I can't say that I think the world is a poorer place with his passing. Good riddance.

I read the original post to mean that giving him an almost romantic-sounding nickname is awful, and if this is the case, then I heartily agree. I was always appalled at this name used for that savage - perhaps it is just me. Fully agree that the world is hardly a poorer place for his passing, assuming that this is true. If you live by the sword, then you die by the sword. His choice.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Russia are absolutely pounding Isis 1700 air strikes so far. Hopefully they will all be dead soon. The game is up for them if you piss off both russia and the usa
j

Exactly but even surviving the US and Russia and taking out Assad would be the end. Israel has a twitchy finger over the button.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Unfortunately ISIS have probably got 1or 2 others who can pick up the sword and behead westerners should they wish to do so.

Yes, there's lots of competition for his job. It's a cut-throat business.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Jihadi John?

Sounds more like an x-men character. If that's how you want to follow war then fair play but I'm not one for believing in this super terrorists hyped up by crappy tabloid bullshit.

The world have always given nicknames to bad people. 'Jack the Ripper', 'Vlad the Impaler', 'Butcher of Belsen'...and all long before tabloids were around, they didn't invent it and if anything this particular nickname is more one of ridicule. As far as I can tell, no-one's claiming he's a super-terrorist or hyping him as such but he is/was a bad person.

Still, if it gives people like you a chance to get on your high horse, a chance to blame everything on the tabloids and feel a little bit superior to the common man then fill your boots.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The world have always given nicknames to bad people. 'Jack the Ripper', 'Vlad the Impaler', 'Butcher of Belsen'...and all long before tabloids were around, they didn't invent it and if anything this particular nickname is more one of ridicule. As far as I can tell, no-one's claiming he's a super-terrorist or hyping him as such but he is/was a bad person.

Erm, I thought we were talking about people in combat?

Can you name me any Nazi soldiers who received nicknames from the British press?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Obama hoofed one long, Drone skipped down the left flank, passed to hellfire who connected perfectly and unleashed an unstoppable rocket.

back of the net, What a strike. Game over

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of my first thoughts was linking this with yesterday's death penalty thread.

I'm wholly against such a sentence and yet am quite happy with this, although on certain basic levels they are one of the same.

'You've killed so the state will kill you'.

On that principle this is worse as it least the sentence is handed down after a trial.
But once again if the news is true, I agree with the action taken.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I thought ISIS were killing prisoners.

I didn't realise it was all Jihadi John!
Hang on. The only person on here claiming that he's a super-terrorist was you. The bloke has been proven to be one of those who has beheaded innocents on camera.

Drones have taken out quite a few of those people. Jihadi John is just another of those. The only reason he's getting notoriety in the British press is because the bloke comes from here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here