Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Harley how could we forget about him. Did he start as many games as JFC at the Amex.
As for Sparrow, personally think he was better. Struggling to think of a poorer player.

It's all relative I suppose. Is it fair to compare Jake to someone who plays in a different position? Someone like Joe Bennett for instance. I'd say JFC id a better midfielder than Bennett is a defender.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I've not seen the other threads.

6 wins in 10 without him.

I'd have thought the change of management has had more of a bearing than the inclusion/exclusion of one young player.

I'm no cheerleader for JFC, but don't pin all of our problems on him either. How about hoping the improvement in team performances brings out the best in our whole squad, rather than rooting out stats to undermine the confidence of players?

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I'd have thought the change of management has had more of a bearing than the inclusion/exclusion of one young player.

I'm no cheerleader for JFC, but don't pin all of our problems on him either. How about hoping the improvement in team performances brings out the best in our whole squad, rather than rooting out stats to undermine the confidence of players?

Under CH:

With JFC - 1 win in 6
Without JFC - 5 wins in 8

What about now?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Under CH:

With JFC - 1 win in 6
Without JFC - 5 wins in 8

What about now?

So it turns out the only thing Hyypia did wrong was pick JFC?

Correlation does not imply causation.

There are too many other factors to consider (formations used, standard & style of the opposition etc). It is too simplistic to lay blame at the feet of a particular player.

Like I said, I'm no cheerleader for JFC, but I do fail to see how getting on a young player's back will help his, or the team's form.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amazing how many lambasted Poyet for not playing JFC, now its all aimed at JFC being shit, shouldn't play etc.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Surely the only way he is going to improve is through game time? I'd be very disappointed if we gave up on him already because he struggled during a time when the whole team was struggling on the pitch.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Spot on - I would loan him out all of next season to a lge1 club

League one is a strong league with some good teams in it, i don't even think he would be any good in there.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Your definition is a bit off mate if you consider half a season (under the worst manager of the AMEX era) to be the definition of "regular starter". Over half a season of "regular starters" I would say Sparrow and Harley were easily worse players than Jake.

Disagree with Sparrow, JFC needs to build his confidence with a loan somewhere

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bit harsh on JFC.

As he proved under Poyet and also for England U21s, his better position is more as an offensive midfielder. Hyypia played him way too deep to accommodate the hapless Gardner. When he has pushed up (i.e. Charlton, he didn't do a lot wrong).

Can't believe Sparrow has been highlighted as a poor player........

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Amazing how many lambasted Poyet for not playing JFC, now its all aimed at JFC being shit, shouldn't play etc.

You missed a step in the argument.

1 - "Poyet should play JFC!"
2 - "All you people criticising JFC know more than the England Under 21 managers, Hyypia, Oscar and Poyet all who picked him?!"
3 - "JFC shouldn't play"

To the main point of this thread:

BHAFC 2011-12

With Vicente

W 4 (23.5%)
D 6 (35.3%)
L 7 (41.2%)

Without Vicente
W 13 (44.8%)
D 8 (27.6%)
L 8 (27.6%)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports