Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC starts for the U-21s tonight

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
if he is a quality player why is he not showing it for brighton when he starts

He has good games and bad games but that's part of being young and also being in and out of the team. At 20 years of age he has nearly 100 appearances with Oxford , U21s and ourselves.

I think he's a very good player now but he has a role in the team where it's not all that self rewarding and more of a responsible player who doesn't take risks.

I don't think Oscar, Sami and the under21 set up are all wrong with their opinions on him.

But you probably are.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
He has good games and bad games but that's part of being young and also being in and out of the team. At 20 years of age he has nearly 100 appearances with Oxford , U21s and ourselves.

I think he's a very good player now but he has a role in the team where it's not all that self rewarding and more of a responsible player who doesn't take risks.

I don't think Oscar, Sami and the under21 set up are all wrong with their opinions on him.

But you probably are.
okay what games this season has mr caskey been outstanding and best player on the pitch i cant think of any games

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
okay what games this season has mr caskey been outstanding and world class and best player on the pitch i cant think of any games

World class, I'm not sure anyone has said that. If he was he wouldn't be here.

If you can't see what he brings to the team more fool you.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forster-Caskey is rarely influential for the Albion and he certainly isn't for England Under 21. Not worth a bet, but Croatia look good to win this game. JFC is able to retain possession very well and this is important in defensive possession football.

England Under 21 look very much like the Albion (minus Buckley) without anybody to collect the ball wide on the right. This could be Redmond?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
what does he bring to the team then if you know it all

If you can't see it that is not my problem but it is enough for Gus (to a small extent), Oscar, hyypia and all the England under age groups but not you apparently.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Continuity, tenacity, an eye for a pass, aggression in the middle of the park, a good link up with defenders and forwards alike. The fact that you've not spotted that isn't anyone else's problem.

No-one said he was world-class. So why ask anyone to justify that?
you haveing a laugh about this Continuity, tenacity, an eye for a pass, aggression in the middle of the park, a good link up with defenders and forwards alike

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
okay what games this season has mr caskey been outstanding and world class and best player on the pitch i cant think of any games

You don't have to be world class or the best player on the pitch to be a good and effective player. That is currently what JFC is. He does his job by holding onto possession which is essential in the system we play. Sadly it seems that because he isn't playing 40 yard, pinpoint assists every match or isn't thundering into tackles left, right and centre he has become the new Barnes figure at the club, rather unfair considering he is a mere 20 years old.

Edit: I'm not having a go, this is just my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here