Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC - Please God make this the last time we have to watch him play in an Albion shirt...

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

It was the pass I was thinking of. Not for the first time it was a CB failing to put his foot through it and clear the bloody thing that cost us. That was an unbelievably daft short pass out of defence when Arsenal were swarming all over us in the box. I didn't realise the recipient of the suicide-pass was Holla on the edge of the box when he was robbed, but if it was, I'd struggle to blame him for the goal. The pass was idiotic.
Not forgetting that Greer then let the man-mountain that is Thomas Rozicky walk through him and missed his tackle. Watched the replays and all the goals were horrible from a defensive perspective.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'm not going to knock JFC as he is a young talent that has a big future in the game. but sami ruined him by constantly playing him when it was so clear that he was being murdered by midfielders from opponents. His confidence was shot but we carried on playing him when he should have been taken out of the firing line a long time ago. The fact is that without him we are stronger and have got results. with him in the middle we lose time and time again and generally lose the games because we are very lightweight I'm the middle. not a starter in my book but a squad player with a future under the right manager

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think there are plenty of players less comfortable. Not suggesting he is as good as Paul scholes, so that fact doesn't help. No doubt scholes was possibly helped by the fact that he played in the best club side in Europe ?

The fact is, they were the one of the best sides in Europe because of him. Scholes was voted as arguably one of the best midfielders of all time by some of the best players to have played the game.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not going to knock JFC as he is a young talent that has a big future in the game. but sami ruined him by constantly playing him when it was so clear that he was being murdered by midfielders from opponents. His confidence was shot but we carried on playing him when he should have been taken out of the firing line a long time ago. The fact is that without him we are stronger and have got results. with him in the middle we lose time and time again and generally lose the games because we are very lightweight I'm the middle. not a starter in my book but a squad player with a future under the right manager

Agree with all of that except the 'big future' bit. You may well be right but he's unproven right now and could go either way.

Jury out for me as regards his future, but for now we have to have better in our starting 11

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I am not commenting, save to say I have asked Sean Dyche if he wants a new tea-boy.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sentence two of my comparison gave the context for the comparison - it was in terms of the treatment he is getting from fans - nothing to do with what he can or can't do as a footballer

But you can't separate the treatment received from what they can or can't do as a footballer, and if you're honest, that isn't your intent. It it was just about treatment from fans, why not compare him to Ryan Harley or David Rodriguez? Liam dickenson or Fran Sandaza? They got a lot of abuse. Fans sarcastically cheered Rodriguez for catching a ball less than 15 minutes into his Albion debut for the crime of being beaten by a swerving free kick. Because if you compare him to them, there is the implication that he is a bad player and the criticism is well founded.

But you choose Barnes. By drawing comparisons to Barnes you're implying that since the people who criticised Barnes were wrong, the people criticising JFC are wrong. But you can only show the fans are wrong when you put all the criticisms in the context of what each of them can or can't do as footballers.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
JFC - very good player, slagged by some Brighton fans

Why is anyone's guess but when he moves and succeeds elsewhere it'll no doubt be written that he couldn't be bothered for us.

Really quite sad. He isn't the reason we were outclassed, it was the whole team and their approach

your name wouldn't be Nicky by any chance?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The club haven't helped him here. Why is he the poster boy? It doesn't help him. What has he achieved in the game for Brighton so far? I believe he would be nowhere near starting if Crofts, Stephens and Texiera were fit to play, so why is a squad player splattered 30ft high across the shop?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Haha, no. I liked Ashley Banes too, never understood the hate for him either

Come on then, you're a big JFC fan.

Tell us what it is we're all missing when watching him play. Forget those who say he's the worst MF ever , thats just nonsense, but you're seeing qualities we're all missing.

What are they? ???

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The club haven't helped him here. Why is he the poster boy? It doesn't help him. What has he achieved in the game for Brighton so far? I believe he would be nowhere near starting if Crofts, Stephens and Texiera were fit to play, so why is a squad player splattered 30ft high across the shop?

Young

Great disciplinary record

Clean cut

Good looking

Friendly

Camera friendly face

Good role model

Local lad

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Odd those pictures are, looks like someones giving him a thumb up the arse with that expression on his face. :eek:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Come on then, you're a big JFC fan.

Tell us what it is we're all missing when watching him play. Forget those who say he's the worst MF ever , thats just nonsense, but you're seeing qualities we're all missing.

What are they? ???

I wouldn't say I'm a big JFC fan, just that I don't see him as any sort of weak link. He's been played out of his best position, I don't see him as a defensive midfielder. He is tidy on the ball, has decent vision and can execute a pass well. It's not as if he sets the world alight when he plays but he's decent and he's young. I don't understand the problem. I've found Tex frustrating to watch more often than JFC to be honest, it's just that Tex had a good impact against Ipswich and he's on loan from Liverpool rather than being a Brighton player = less abuse

All I can see as a reason for the frustration of some is that he gets more game time than others. Not really much cause for criticism is it?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I wouldn't say I'm a big JFC fan, just that I don't see him as any sort of weak link. He's been played out of his best position, I don't see him as a defensive midfielder. He is tidy on the ball, has decent vision and can execute a pass well. It's not as if he sets the world alight when he plays but he's decent and he's young. I don't understand the problem. I've found Tex frustrating to watch more often than JFC to be honest, it's just that Tex had a good impact against Ipswich and he's on loan from Liverpool rather than being a Brighton player = less abuse

All I can see as a reason for the frustration of some is that he gets more game time than others. Not really much cause for criticism is it?

Finally, a sensible comment re JFC.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I' ve thought long and hard about this JFC debate and come to the inescapable conclusion that his development ceased at the point that....HE CHANGED HIS NAME!
Plain Jake Caskey was fine...initials...JC ( say no more )....now he sounds like a cross between an American president and a fast food outlet selling chicken. I understand that he is recognising the part that his step-dad played in his development but its not helping.
Double barrelled names suggest affectation ( after all, they were introduced by certain Victorians, who wanted to glamorize ' Smith/Jones/Brown etc ) This isn't Jake. He is a down to earth lad. Its giving people the wrong impression.
Footballers shouldn't have double-barrelled names. Its all wrong.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Definitely dunk who should have cleared his lines before giving a quite ridiculous ball to holla in a tight space......but you see it how you want too...

Honestly...watch the goal again..... it really was not a hard ball to deal with, anything like a half decent hit pass from Holla would have enabled the defender to clear.... clearly Holla was to blame

If JFC had struck that pass there would have been no doubt where the blame lied.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here