Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC in the final U21 squad for European Championship

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
It is fantastic news for everyone. I hope he has a successful summer & we get a ridiculous offer that we can't refuse. £5m should just about do it.

Then I would love the guy

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more. It's staggering. Some people seem to take it as a personal affront that he's been selected. Instead of celebrating one of our own doing so well they feel the need to denigrate him. Unbelievable. They don't even have the dignity or respect to just keep quiet they feel compelled to insult a genuine home grown talent. Morons the lot of them.

I notice that he's deleted his Twitter account. I would imagine it is because of the abuse he received.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more. It's staggering. Some people seem to take it as a personal affront that he's been selected. Instead of celebrating one of our own doing so well they feel the need to denigrate him. Unbelievable. They don't even have the dignity or respect to just keep quiet they feel compelled to insult a genuine home grown talent. Morons the lot of them.
But no prizing for guessing who'll be the first to complain when he moving on to do exactly the same elsewhere, to great acclaim.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I didnt see that match - I dont think that any of the Whitehawk team played very well in that match. But I still disagree, and I base my views on seeing JFC in many matches this season. Torres is also a much better player in terms of vision and passing ability than JFC, for example. What specifically is better about JFC than either Torres or John Paul Kissock. ( I also happen to think
Sam Deering and Jake Robinson are better players than JFC too)

I get you have these views, and that is fine, but its just simply ridiculous. The facts are they play conference south and JFC plays the championship and for england. You are entitled to your views even when nonsense

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't see why people are surprised by how this thread has played out. It's been the same each time he's been selected since early this season.

Someone notes the selection, then, rather than leaving it as a congratulations either uses overly enthusiastic celebrations of his abilities that cause his critics to react (really, can't we all agree "incredible talent" is overselling it just a little bit?), or straight out goad his critics by referencing them and their comments, making them feel compelled to respond. This leads to going over the same arguments as before:

Gus used him! v At the time Gus was criticised over how little he used him, and then he sent him out to Oxford on loan
Garcia used him! v There were a lack of options with so many injuries. Early season when everyone was fit he didn't get a look in
Hyypia used him! v Hyypia was slaughtered as a useless manager, criticised for the team he picked (notable his non-use of Ince) can you then use him selecting Jake as an indication of Jake's talent when it could easily be bad management?
Hughton recognised he has played a lot of football, is tired and the subject of fan criticism and smartly gave him a rest v You mean Hughton didn't use him until we were effectively safe!
We always lose when he plays v here are all the wins and draws when he played
Alright, we generally have worse results when he plays v We had worse results when Vicente played compared to when he didn't, England have a better record without Rooney than with him.
He keeps getting picked for England v He is playing against other kids, not seasoned pros in the proper league
Brighton fans criticised Barnes and Vokes, look where they are now v Brighton fans criticised Harley, Dicker and David Gonzalez, look where they are now

If we/he have a good year next season, this probably won't come up as much. But until we see that turn around, expect the same thing to happen all through the summer any time he plays for England.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I think some guys on here genuinely think JFC is some out and out talent who will give a solid 9/10 star-studded performance like he is some sort of English Messi.

Personally, he was played out of position under Hyypia and to some extent under Hughton too. However, I think Hughton knows how good JFC is when he played to his potential and position too. If he gives that chance then we will see the performances that he puts out for England at the AMEX every other week. I also personally think JFC has become the new Barnes to some people - in that they are looking for another "marmite" player to whinge about and JFC seems an easy target to some keyboard warriors.

I genuinely think we have an absolute gem in JFC. I seriously do. The guy is U21 and has been surrounded by some great players in the dressing room/training ground and that will no doubt benefit him in the long run. We would be fools to even welcome bids from opposition, because we all know it will come back and bite us in the ass! He is a great product of the potential our academy promises and will no doubt be the start of more to come.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Come on JFC is a good prospect for us, some believe unless you get Mom every game your crap, your a waste of space! Where do you think good players come from? Cfc, Lfc or Afc academy's only? Give the guy a chance to prove himself, or in a couple of seasons time we will probably be threading about how we should never have let him go!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Come on JFC is a good prospect for us, some believe unless you get Mom every game your crap, your a waste of space! Where do you think good players come from? Cfc, Lfc or Afc academy's only? Give the guy a chance to prove himself, or in a couple of seasons time we will probably be threading about how we should never have let him go!

Some draw opinion from watching him week in, week out, whilst seemingly adding nothing to the team. I'd love for the kid to do well but I see little to inspire me, fortunately I'm not a coach at the Albion so my thoughts are irrelevant. If the England set up, Hughton etc see something in him then they can't all be wrong, Shirley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here