Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC enough is enough

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hammered by fans because of his home grown connections.
If we had signed a 20 year old England Under 21 international who played 30 odd times for a top six side there would be a lot of happy people on here.

England are dire whatever age you want to go with

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I could not see so well on the radio at Birmingham, but his corners were not so bad against Cheltenham (I blame our forwards). I do agree he is a bit lightweight and gets shoved off the ball too often and I think Solly March can play instead (at least in his forward role). As the defensive midfielder, I was very surprised that he was asked to play that role in parts of the game against Wednesday.

He reminds me of John Robinson in his early days at Brighton. He never set the place alight, but was competent enough and did better after leaving us.
The chances are you'll never be abled to see a match well on the radio:lolol:

L

litmanen

Even if he would suck, what can we do?
There will be no new players before last day of August of course, and March and Stephens are injured...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If we had signed a 20 year old England Under 21 international who played 30 odd times for a top six side there would be a lot of happy people on here.

I completely disagree, it has nothing to do with his home grown connections.

I think he was hammered by fans for a combination of a couple of reasons:

1) There have been a section of our crowd who treated him as if he was the next big thing in football, constantly calling for him to be brought through to the first team as if he was the missing ingredient, some magician who would wow us with the ball, yet when given his chance he has been no better than your average kid making his progression into the first team, so has failed to live up to expectation created by some of his supporters. That same expectation can be created with new signings, too. Look at March and Dunk - home grown players who receive a lot of good will from the fans because they are producing decent performances (mostly).

2) He has had some poor performances.

Combine high expectation with average and poor performances he will get hammered.

If we signed some non-Brighton related under 21 international who played for a top six side and he put in the performances that Jake has there would likely be the same or similar criticisms (depending on how fervent his supporters were when he first signed). You may not agree with people's appraisal of his performances, but that is really what it mainly comes down to, not some great conspiracy or bias against our own.

Dec 29, 2011

Happy until we saw him play, I imagine. People need to stop whipping out the "England Under 21!!!!11". Do you not realise it's the equivalent of League One or lower?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I was wondering who the idiots would pick on as the new Ashley Barnes. Brighton fans always want a scapegoat/hate figure. It used to be Tony Towner back in the day.
Chris Wood was slagged by the fans as not good enough for us. This young man has played in a World Cup, scored in Europe while at Birmingham and scored today. Not good enough for us? Sheesh!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Will that help him deliver a set piece to one of our players?

Against Cheltenham he took every corner and free kick before KLL came on. Not ONE of JFC's reached its target and most didn't even beat the first defender.

I'm all for the youth being given a chance but he is clearly out of his depth.

Its interesting that a coach allows this to happen game after game, he was exactly the same last season when he took set plays. these opportunities are gold dust for us and yet we fritter them away. How we miss 'Dave'.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was wondering who the idiots would pick on as the new Ashley Barnes. Brighton fans always want a scapegoat/hate figure. It used to be Tony Towner back in the day.
Chris Wood was slagged by the fans as not good enough for us. This young man has played in a World Cup, scored in Europe while at Birmingham and scored today. Not good enough for us? Sheesh!
Whats your honest opinion of Casky then?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton

How many of the last 3 games have you actually been too ?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Whats your honest opinion of Casky then?

I saw him play in the U20/U21s in the summer. Gareth Southgate played him in every game, starting in most of them. He played a more advanced role and was like a breath of fresh air. I reckon Gareth Southgate knows more about football than I do and he rates him.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
How many of the last 3 games have you actually been too ?

Oh I see. I haven't been to the last 3 games so know nothing then?
My gripe has more to do with the internet group bullying of a young man trying his best for my club. I am sure he has more football talent in his little finger than anyone on here which is probably where the problem lies.

Dec 29, 2011
I saw him play in the U20/U21s in the summer. Gareth Southgate played him in every game, starting in most of them. He played a more advanced role and was like a breath of fresh air. I reckon Gareth Southgate knows more about football than I do and he rates him.

He was pretty good for the U21's, however you have to remember the opposition are a lot worse than what he faces in the Championship. He also played a more advanced role, he seems to sit waaaaaaay to deep when playing for Brighton [managers fault]

richboy1

Aug 14, 2012
The main reason he played for the u21s is none of our decent players can be arsed or were playing for the senior squad. He is so far away from being that quality. As for having a wand for a left foot. . . .must be the same one as sooty uses. To be honest the only reason he is plastered all over the place is probably as a "selling" club, they were fairly sure no club would want to buy him, that way we save even more money.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I actually thought he was very average against very poor opposition....breath of fresh air:lolol:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The main reason he played for the u21s is none of our decent players can be arsed or were playing for the senior squad. He is so far away from being that quality. As for having a wand for a left foot. . . .must be the same one as sooty uses. To be honest the only reason he is plastered all over the place is probably as a "selling" club, they were fairly sure no club would want to buy him, that way we save even more money.

Oh dear! So he is not as good as Sterling etc, tell us something new. Who were the decent players that couldn't be arsed to turn up?
No, the main reason he played for the U21s is because the manager picked a squad and then played him in front of some of the best young English talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here