Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesus and Mary Chain last night.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A top night, really enjoyed that. I'm not a devotee but it was good to see what the fuss was about and I wasn't disappointed.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Glorious but NOT LOUD ENOUGH.

This. It should have started at the sort of volume it ended at. The noisy bits are MEANT to be uncomfortable, that's the point. Registered a 5 or 6 on the MBV scale...

A great, great album. To hear it in that context was to hear the genus of so many forms of indie/ alt rock. It has to be one of the best and most influential albums of the 80's. They performed it superbly I thought, William was on top form.

If you ever need a study in the effects of long term alcohol abuse on the human body you should go for William vs Jim.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Age has not mellowed JAMC, not one little bit. Fantastic sonic ASSAULT! The Dome staff weren't taking any chances though, many of them were wearing ear protectors.

Green Man

Dec 22, 2014
BN2
I wasn't sure when they started with April Skies which sounded clean, twangy and a bit too much like other bands, but by the time they played Upside Down it was obvious that they were going to be relentless through Psychocandy.

When they came on stage and after a couple of songs I was reminded why I usually avoid these recreating-past-glories things. But they really took off by the end of that first set and the rest was blinding. Maybe I was in the wrong place cos from pretty near the front I'd still say it was NOT LOUD ENOUGH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here