Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Jessie Lingard

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn’t he refuse a loan move in the last window as he wanted to stay at United and fight for his place? All starting to sound a bit money motivated to me so I guess he won’t be coming here

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Think JLingz might well go abroad, I know he changed his agent to Mino Roala so I'd expect the likes of Juventus, AC Milan etc to be in for him.

:lolol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Looks like another Arsgas non-story.

I was surprised that we didn't go in for him when it became clear that he wasn't going to stay at WHU. He won't get a kick at Old Trafford and he has never struck me as the kind of character who would be happy taking his wedge and never playing. Maybe I'm just a poor judge of character though and that's exactly what he is planning on doing.

He is exactly what we are missing and I'd be disappointed if we didn't even enquire.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He won't get a kick at Old Trafford and he has never struck me as the kind of character who would be happy taking his wedge and never playing.

That's funny because he strikes me as EXACTLY the sort of player that would do that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agreed with all these points - very strange article with no substance. Like a clickbate article from some shit site on the transfer window! But yes, I see no chance him coming to us if he leaves as West Ham will be all over it and he’s just done really well there and they’re slightly better than us currently and a higher profile club. Odd one from the Argus.

Well the Argus has been a shit site on the transfer window for years! Wet Sham only slightly better than us? correction they are much better than us, just fell short of the Champions League last season, whilst we just fell short of a relegation place.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Well the Argus has been a shit site on the transfer window for years! Wet Sham only slightly better than us? correction they are much better than us, just fell short of the Champions League last season, whilst we just fell short of a relegation place.

No, we were well clear of the relegation places.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
That's funny because he strikes me as EXACTLY the sort of player that would do that.

He's been really open in some interviews I've heard about his resurgence at West Ham coming after getting help with his mental health and dealing with things from his childhood. What made him aware he needed help was because he stopped wanting to play and didn't care if he wasn't being picked. Having had the help he now wants to play as much as he can and as was seen at West Ham and arguably England he's got the energy, focus and desire back. I think he's got a point to prove and knows it, and over the past few months has shown he's on an absolute mission to make up for lost time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's been really open in some interviews I've heard about his resurgence at West Ham coming after getting help with his mental health and dealing with things from his childhood. What made him aware he needed help was because he stopped wanting to play and didn't care if he wasn't being picked. Having had the help he now wants to play as much as he can and as was seen at West Ham and arguably England he's got the energy, focus and desire back. I think he's got a point to prove and knows it, and over the past few months has shown he's on an absolute mission to make up for lost time.

Yes - as well as a mum with some serious health issues and having to look after his younger brothers - as well as being at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Seems a decent lad to me, and great record for England

SAC

May 21, 2014
I would love him back, but his wage demands would never make that happen....

Why? Websites have him on £75k a week and one of United's lowest earners. I don't think it would be out of the question to match that, a lot less than Lallana is apparently on and Lingard should still have a sell-on value.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

9 goals in 79 appearances for Man Utd over 3 seasons, followed by 9 goals in 16 appearances in less than 3 months for West Ham suggests to me he was mailing it in for the Reds.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
9 goals in 79 appearances for Man Utd over 3 seasons, followed by 9 goals in 16 appearances in less than 3 months for West Ham suggests to me he was mailing it in for the Reds.

Or was he under-utilised? Not sure you're comparing apples with apples there. Also, think your numbers for the Man U 3 seasons are wrong

At West Ham, those 16 apps were all starts. Without diving into them all, I would suspect most were the full 90.

Previous 3 seasons with Man U, has him with 82 apps, 34 of them as sub, and 13 goals.

And that's before you even start looking at how he was actually used by each club...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Or was he under-utilised? Not sure you're comparing apples with apples there. Also, think your numbers for the Man U 3 seasons are wrong

At West Ham, those 16 apps were all starts. Without diving into them all, I would suspect most were the full 90.

Previous 3 seasons with Man U, has him with 82 apps, 34 of them as sub, and 13 goals.

And that's before you even start looking at how he was actually used by each club...

That's OK. You think he's been trying his best, I don't. Some talented players do that, distracted by the hype following a good World Cup. Dele Alli is the same.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why? Websites have him on £75k a week and one of United's lowest earners. I don't think it would be out of the question to match that, a lot less than Lallana is apparently on and Lingard should still have a sell-on value.

Free agents have much more weight in terms of negotiating a salary. We might be able to get away with paying his the same as Dunk et al if we buy him in January though.

But signing him as a free agent? No chance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Does it ?

How many starts at West Ham vs Man Utd ?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
That's OK. You think he's been trying his best, I don't. Some talented players do that, distracted by the hype following a good World Cup. Dele Alli is the same.

Don't believe I said anything about what I think of him as a player. Only asked a question whether it was a fair comparison. 🤷

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here