Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
Arguably epitomizes the expectation level of the team for the season end, high hopes but not brilliant! Disappointing...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very very talented. Complete lightweight.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Always moving into space, wanting the ball and makes good runs that we never pick out. Think he is a promising player. Not man Utd quality though.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I hope we sign him. I don't think he is going to be good enough for Man U but he is good enough for us and is only going to improve.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has likened Jesse Lingard to French legend Jean Tigana.

Fergie warns Lingard will be a late bloomer for the club.

He said: "Jesse Lingard is going to be some player, too. He is 19, came through our youth system and is built like Jean Tigana was for France.

"But he never got into the limelight there until he was about 24, and I think that will be the same with Lingard.

"He will become a player when he's 22 or so. As an attacking midfielder he has got a really good talent. I think he will be a player we have high hopes for, definitely.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I genuinely hope that we don't sign him.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Conversely Lingard could actually be far too good for us and will excel when he is playing with better players who will ping the ball around quickly in tight spaces. Maybe not though.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I like what Linguard brings to the team. Energy and carrying the ball forward. On many occasions this has been what's missing. What with Buckley injured and Lua stuck on the bench. Dare I say we play better when we have those positive players. Also can't wait for cms and ulloa to start together and have a more attacking team on the pitch. Linguard is all part of this. As for Andrews well he .... right off. Crofts was a big miss.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Huge amounts of potential, could be very good. We should try and sign him if possible. But at this stage of his career, not really cut out for games like these. It will take time, look at Will Hughes, been around for a while and was fantastic last night. Mentally you wonder what Lingard's got up there though, jumping on KLL's back after he scored the consolation was just bizarre, as if he thinks the only think that matters is the individual and not the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here