Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Lingard was def my MOM, Greer was good also but I find it hard to give a MOM to a defender when the opposing team offered so little in attack.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Suspected he was a bit lightweight previously but I thought he was exceptional today. MotM for sure.

Suspected he was a bit lightweight previously but I thought he was exceptional today. MotM for sure.

For me, he's still not as brave as LuaLua in terms of committing defenders, taking fouls and putting defenders on cards. But I can live with that as long as he's part of that fluid group of attackers including at least 2 of LuaLua, March, Buckley - what the games in his earlier spell with us shows is that he can't create on his own, he needs attackers of similar pace alongside him. Who knew eh

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Talent was never in question in my mind.Was more concerned with his commitment to the cause. Starting to shine now. Could he be our first signing in the prem???.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The second took a massive bobble just as his was about to strike it. Nothing he could do about it.

Third separate report of that. You don't see bobbles in the WSU but looked weird. Still think Lingard was MOM too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Is there the remotest chance he will sign for us (ie Manure will let him go) ??

I'd bloody love it but I can't see it. Maybe if we go up and they do us a deal but can see him playing lower end Premier League next season and either for United or sold for good money after that.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Great player and a good prospect. Has no problem defending either and is very good at it.

Noted in the Manchester United site that he works hard and always tracks back for the team.

The odd JCL quite happy to criticise him above but this is no big time Charlie, but a young player with his head screwed on correctly. Quite happy to drop a league to get experience and improve his game. We are lucky to have him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
great player and a good prospect. Has no problem defending either and is very good at it.

Noted in the manchester united site that he works hard and always tracks back for the team.

The odd jcl quite happy to criticise him above but this is no big time charlie, but a young player with his head screwed on correctly. Quite happy to drop a league to get experience and improve his game. We are lucky to have him.

Boom!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Thought I'd bounce an old thread rather than starting a new one - am I the only one who thinks he flatters to deceive massively? Looks like a player who knows he's guaranteed a starting position and apart from a couple of good games recently I really think he's been distinctly average. He needs to get in the gym and get stronger on the ball before he can progress as a player. He shows flashes of brilliance no doubts but I've yet to see anything that makes me think he's as special as we were told he was.

Just my opinion obviously and I expect to be flamed for it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've yet to see anything that makes me think he's as special as we were told he was.
Who said he was special? I don't remember thinking he'd stand out, I just thought he was to provide us some option with Barnes gone. And he has. He's done as well as Barnes IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here