Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard not included in Man Utd's US tour

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm guessing he's nowhere near good enough to get in the Man U team this season or at any point in the future

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well it is if we get him on loan for the season, in my opinion ;-)
I agree it would be news, but I don't think it is news yet. Seems that website has lots of errors in it, so we still have no idea where he's going.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I know I'm not alone in thinking he was a pretty poor player for us. Scared to tackle, not a great finisher and extremely lightweight :shrug:

But has he signed for us again on loan? If he has, why don't the club just announce it?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Unless and until there is such an announcement from the club, we have to assume that he hasn't, and that it's just an error on the website.

You're right, of course. That said, I could easily imagine Lingard being loaned out to us again.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He still appears on the Man United website as their player. If Moyes was still there I'd have fancied his chances but with LVG taking over I can see his opportunities being very limited as they attract bigger names to the first squad. I certainly wouldn't mind him returning, I thought he contemned to improve with each game that played.

If he does come on loan, we must not agree to the alleged "only if he starts every game".

I very much doubt this sort of clause is actually in any loan contract. I haven't seen such a contract (nor has virtually everyone else on here) but it doesn't make sense for a loaning club to agree to that.

Maybe if a player is clearly way above the standard of other players at the club and is coming short term simply to get fit, but certainly no ambitious club would agree to that.

I'm sure the loaning club would agree to a clause saying the loanee will play as often as possible but the manager must make the final decision each team.

I suspect the must-start-every-game clause is one of footballs many myths

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
He still appears on the Man United website as their player. If Moyes was still there I'd have fancied his chances but with LVG taking over I can see his opportunities being very limited as they attract bigger names to the first squad. I certainly wouldn't mind him returning, I thought he contemned to improve with each game that played.

Whilst I'd be happy to have him back with us, he's shown nothing to indicate he'd be anywhere near the United first team whoever was in charge. The difference between our level and United, even if they did come 7th, is huge and he didn't exactly take us by storm.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I very much doubt this sort of clause is actually in any loan contract. I haven't seen such a contract (nor has virtually everyone else on here) but it doesn't make sense for a loaning club to agree to that.

Maybe if a player is clearly way above the standard of other players at the club and is coming short term simply to get fit, but certainly no ambitious club would agree to that.

I'm sure the loaning club would agree to a clause saying the loanee will play as often as possible but the manager must make the final decision each team.

I suspect the must-start-every-game clause is one of footballs many myths

You are forgetting the rules that if you repeat something often enough on NSC it becomes fact.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If he doesn't cost us a penny then yes but if we have to cover some or all his wages then no thanks.

So who exactly was the last player we got in who "didn't cost us a penny"?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here