Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jeremy Sarmiento

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know he could've picked it up playing in the PL, but FFS!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Unlikely as he's barely playing...

Feel bad for the bloke though. I hope injuries aren't going to be the story of his career.
He barely played today! He went off after 27 minutes – just after he got an assist for an equaliser, I've just seen 😭

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Unlikely as he's barely playing...
What a ridiculous thing to say. He didn’t even play half an hour today and picked up an injury. They can happen at any time, it doesn’t matter how many minutes you’ve played, Moder played barely 5 mins in the game he did his ACL in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What a ridiculous thing to say. He didn’t even play half an hour today and picked up an injury. They can happen at any time, it doesn’t matter how many minutes you’ve played, Moder played barely 5 mins in the game he did his ACL in.

Of course. Its just more likely you get injured if you play 90 minutes rather than if you play 15, for obvious reasons. But could always happen.

This.

He’s had about 0.5% impact on our league season.
Yes, or something along those lines.

The assist against Bournemouth was BIG though. Without it, it would have been four winless games against modest competition (Leicester, Bournemouth, Fulham, Crystal Palace) which would have felt pretty bad and could have damaged the confidence in the squad. Instead a three-pointer was gained in the middle of that, making it feel like it was business as usual and that the Europe dream was still very much alive.

But yeah obviously its a minor loss for Brighton right now - he's not a key player by any means. Worse for him and could turn into a problem overall if Mitoma or March would get injured as I think he's more PL ready than Buonanotte and Enciso.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course. Its just more likely you get injured if you play 90 minutes rather than if you play 15, for obvious reasons. But could always happen.

The assist against Bournemouth was BIG though. Without it, it would have been four winless games against modest competition (Leicester, Bournemouth, Fulham, Crystal Palace) which would have felt pretty bad and could have damaged the confidence in the squad. Instead a three-pointer was gained in the middle of that, making it feel like it was business as usual and that the Europe dream was still very much alive.

But yeah obviously its a minor loss for Brighton right now - he's not a key player by any means. Worse for him and could turn into a problem overall if Mitoma or March would get injured as I think he's more PL ready than Buonanotte and Enciso.

Plus these things happen.

Our competitors will be losing players to injury, possibly first teamers. LFC lost (the imho fantastic) Bajcetic for the rest of the season. It’s all relative.

Some fans fret over every conceivable bit of ‘bad news’. Whilst I reckon that club coaching and medical teams innately look forward, work on positives.

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
Really sorry for him he will miss Wembley. Speedy recovery 🤞

I think this is a big blow considering the fixture congestion to the end of the season. As a sub for Mitoma he would have played better compared with Julio. Hope Julio goes beyond my expectations and turns out to be a goal scoring machine.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

So it is not a minor loss is it, could become a massive problem - a very important squad member lost, just as we approach one game in every four days for the next two months.
We cannot afford to lose players to injury, especially in meaningless second rate games. 🤬

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Not going to get anxious about this, we’re going to need to tough it out at times, especially if we make Europe next season. Bring it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here