Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jeremy Sarmiento

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
On the other hand, Ipswich fans are generally really pleased with him and would like to see him starting matches. West Brom. fans thought he was lightweight and sh*t.
I'm thinking Ipswich fans appreciate quality football, whereas Brom fans want to watch 11 musclebound cloggers overpower whoever they are playing

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
On the other hand, Ipswich fans are generally really pleased with him and would like to see him starting matches. West Brom. fans thought he was lightweight and sh*t.
Looked dangerous when he came on last night - several good runs. And the assist for the 89th winner. Got to be (more ? ) helpful to his development to be at a club fighting for promotion rather than mid table /WBA. Hope he gets more starts.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looked dangerous when he came on last night - several good runs. And the assist for the 89th winner. Got to be (more ? ) helpful to his development to be at a club fighting for promotion rather than mid table /WBA. Hope he gets more starts.
And Ipswich play a style closer to ours, assuming Jezza has a future here

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like it!!!!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
97th minute winner vs Southampton. Decent goal, slipped and just managed to hook the ball in the back of the net with his other foot

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Surely we are going to give this kid a chance next season.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can’t get a start in the Championship atm
Yep. For a team hoping to be top half/fighting for Europe again, talk of Sarmiento or Moran for that becoming first teamers next season looks very fanciful.

The Ipswich fans I know like Sarmiento but don’t think he’s all that - they’re raving about Omari Hutchinson of Chelsea who they’ve got on loan though and looks the real deal whenever I’ve seen him play. Think he’s got a chance in the PL next season, only 20 and ahead of Sarmiento in development at the moment. Could be a good one to try and take off Chelsea’s hands with their need to sell home grown players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can’t get a start in the Championship at the moment
Probably no bad thing, being available to play for most of the season is far more valuable to JS than 10 starts followed by missing x games.

It would have been great for the one true Albion if he'd kicked on again, after his stint at West Brom, but failing that doing what he's doing, esp if it ends in promotion can only be good for us.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Yep. For a team hoping to be top half/fighting for Europe again, talk of Sarmiento or Moran for that becoming first teamers next season looks very fanciful.

The Ipswich fans I know like Sarmiento but don’t think he’s all that - they’re raving about Omari Hutchinson of Chelsea who they’ve got on loan though and looks the real deal whenever I’ve seen him play. Think he’s got a chance in the PL next season, only 20 and ahead of Sarmiento in development at the moment. Could be a good one to try and take off Chelsea’s hands with their need to sell home grown players.

If Ipswich go up, which is looking almost certain now, then I imagine Chelsea will loan him to Ipswich again for a season where he's settled and playing to raise his value further.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably no bad thing, being available to play for most of the season is far more valuable to JS than 10 starts followed by missing x games.

It would have been great for the one true Albion if he'd kicked on again, after his stint at West Brom, but failing that doing what he's doing, esp if it ends in promotion can only be good for us.
Cameo championship sub to european-hopeful PL squad is a colossal step……….

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cameo championship sub to european-hopeful PL squad is a colossal step……….
He seems to be available to play most games, not something that can be said of anyone else at the club.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If Ipswich go up, which is looking almost certain now, then I imagine Chelsea will loan him to Ipswich again for a season where he's settled and playing to raise his value further.
I'd say It's far from certain. Playoffs can be very draining for a team that's come very close

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here