Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Lin

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Love it. He's just come from basically nowhere to almost-superstar status in about a week. That said, I don't like the Knicks much.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Eight turnovers last night, though :ffsparr::whistle:

:lolol: It is madness how he has come out of nowhere though. It is the equivalent of some 20 year old suddenly being the next Messi at Man City when nobody had really heard of them

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
:lolol: It is madness how he has come out of nowhere though. It is the equivalent of some 20 year old suddenly being the next Messi at Man City when nobody had really heard of them

I know - he was on the Warriors last year and did basically nothing. It does make you wonder though how much success in the NBA, where just to be the last man on the bench you've got to be frighteningly good, is down to playing time, though. Would Brian Scalabrine, the White Mamba, average 20 and 10 if he got 35 minutes on the court every night?

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
From this end, he is coming across as a bit of a saviour for the NBA, he is homegrown American Chinese Asian for a start, huge audience in China for the NBA for shirt sales etc...next he is into his religion big time, a nice change for the NBA where recent NBA related news has been about the goings on of some the high profile African American players, not always in a good light...Lin is well spoken and educated...a perfect PR model, and a dream come true story...not sure if his bubble will burst sooner rather than later, but none the less a good story in a rather negative filed shorter season. Plus since the Lakers are being out shone here in LA by the Clippers, the NBA really want the East Coast to up their games regarding the best teams and players etc.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Don’t really follow the Knicks but there’s no denying Lin has made a big impact in the last 6 straight wins. Until recently he was sleeping on his brother’s couch. The Knicks are loving the publicity but unfortunately I think their winning run will end when Melo returns from injury – getting him was a big mistake.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Pissing me off as much as Tebow did in the NFL. Yes, he's pretty good despite initially flying under the radar, we get that. You don't need to make a point of it after every game.

By you I clearly mean American media outlets.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Last night's 3-pointer was incredible - the guy feels absolutely no pressure and just gets it done. Hard as nails too.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Looks like Jeremy Lin's days as a starting point guard could be numbered after the Knick's coach Mike D'Antoni resigned. His role will change dramatically under new coach Mike Woodson and he could be replaced by Barton Davis in a few weeks. Could be just another flash in the pan like Tim Tebow.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Looks like Jeremy Lin's days as a starting point guard could be numbered after the Knick's coach Mike D'Antoni resigned. His role will change dramatically under new coach Mike Woodson and he could be replaced by Barton Davis in a few weeks. Could be just another flash in the pan like Tim Tebow.

To be fair Baron Davis is a good point guard and from what I saw of Lin's games he was a little bit flukey and just a flash in the pan.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Lin is overrated and not what the Knicks need in a point guard with players like Melo and A'mare in the team.

Lin got schooled by Rondo(With his 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists), who coincidentally is exactly the kind of pass first PG the Knicks need.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
To be fair Baron Davis is a good point guard and from what I saw of Lin's games he was a little bit flukey and just a flash in the pan.

Baron is Baron though. If he doesn't show up to play he's awful. Always had the talent but a hard man to motivate to play at that level consistently and has been like that for the last few years now.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Im still worried about what will happen to my suns when Nashty decides to retire? Have a good crop of young players coming through at the moment but knowing the Suns, they will be sold on and the team will be left with nothing. Think they have already traded Luol Deng, Rajon Rondo and Rudy Fernandez over the years. Imagine if they had kept those guys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here