Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Corbyn's conference speech

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i could live with higher taxes for sure if it was spent on the right things, but it isnt, and never has been by labour, you also have to factor in the COMPLETELY different psyche of the british and germans , we are still hidebound by the class system over here , with both ends of the spectrum at fault , the top end for its dismissive careless attitude to the workforce and lack of sharing of the pot so to speak, and the lower end for its short term outlook to employment and failure to grasp that the company needs to prosper for them to as well, we really could learn from the germans , however im not sure its possible to change the psyche of a nation .

I totally agree about the different psyche over here and most of what you've said. I need to scoot right now but I'll be back to discuss.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I can see why vets of the NI conflict will feel like this. Personally, I really can't take you up on it as I think you have every right to feel aggrieved having risked your life serving the country. But it's also fair to say that some of those who are more detached and less emotionally involved will see his former conduct in a very different light. Things are often said and done that are either regrettable or perhaps misinterpreted for something they are not. As an example (and excuse the invocation of Godwin's law here), I'm fairly sure had Lloyd George gone to meet Hitler 4 or 5 years later, he wouldn't have described him as "the greatest living German", especially as he went on to staunchly disavow appeasement policy.
ok , but why then, do yourself and other posters who are of similar outlook politically, then get extremely het up and angry , about people like jon terry, throwing around descriptions like 'oxygen thief' and 'vile excuse for a human being', when essentially what he did was park in a disabled bay and call someone a nasty name, why do you fail to remain detached and less emotionally involved ? After all if PIRA terrorism left you unnaffected , surely so did jon terrys actions ? He was found not guilty in a court of law , yet the lynch mob mentality on here was ready to hang him , whereas corbyn is afforded all manner of get out clauses.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ok , but why then, do yourself and other posters who are of similar outlook politically, then get extremely het up and angry , about people like jon terry, throwing around descriptions like 'oxygen thief' and 'vile excuse for a human being', when essentially what he did was park in a disabled bay and call someone a nasty name, why do you fail to remain detached and less emotionally involved ? After all if PIRA terrorism left you unnaffected , surely so did jon terrys actions ? He was found not guilty in a court of law , yet the lynch mob mentality on here was ready to hang him , whereas corbyn is afforded all manner of get out clauses.

Pantomime villain. It's that simple.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You're not the first person to ask.

As far as I'm concerned he didn't need to say exactly how it would be financed.

If we can afford to give Inheritance Tax cuts to the richest families in our country then I'm sure we can afford to build houses for the poorest.

The more substantial answer would include a detailed analysis of the cost to the of government paying for people to live in expensive private rentals and the massive social/economic benefits that would derive from a more secure and rooted population.

Narnia?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here