Jeremy Corbyn.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hmm...Corbyn says he wants to unify the party with talent from all sides yet Shadow Ministers are resigning en masse. Only one so far has said he definitely wants to stay in the job: Ivan Lewis shadow minister for Northern Ireland. He specially requested to stay on because of the crisis in Ulster caused by the reappearance of a militarised IRA. Corbyn sacked him - by text. And the Corbynistas on Twitter are delighted that the 'zionist' (their words) has gone.

[tweet]643127647690752001[/tweet]

So much for uniting the party.

Edit - this is Michael Crick by the way saying this. Old school Labour supporter and very widely respected political commentator, author, journalist.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hmm...Corbyn says he wants to unify the party with talent from all sides yet Shadow Ministers are resigning en masse. Only one so far has said he definitely wants to stay in the job: Ivan Lewis shadow minister for Northern Ireland. He specially requested to stay on because of the crisis in Ulster caused by the reappearance of a militarised IRA. Corbyn sacked him - by text. And the Corbynistas on Twitter are delighted that the 'zionist' (their words) has gone.

[tweet]643127647690752001[/tweet]

So much for uniting the party.

Chuka Umunna has left Labour's shadow cabinet by "mutual agreement", citing "key differences on policy" with new leader Jeremy Corbyn.
Mr Umunna said in a statement he could not see himself campaigning to leave the European Union but Mr Corbyn "made it clear... he does not wholeheartedly share this view".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34240869

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Within hours of being elected by a swathe of three quid no-hopers, Corbyn is fiimed standing on a platform with Billy Bragg singing "The Red Flag" like it's 1979. I pity the genuine Labour MPs who entered Parliament to actually help people build better lives for themselves.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Within hours of being elected by a swathe of three quid no-hopers, Corbyn is fiimed standing on a platform with Billy Bragg singing "The Red Flag" like it's 1979. I pity the genuine Labour MPs who entered Parliament to actually help people build better lives for themselves.

He'd have won without the 'three quid no hopers'

So i guess you don't know what you're talking about

burstead

Not a Registered User
Jul 24, 2010
Private Eye did a quick round up of published headlines about JC.
sorry if it's already been posted and i missed it.

UZlDEuP.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If this is true it just shows the arrogance of MPs. I'll be disappointed if they do this. MPs need to understand they serve us, they're our servants. The party voted for Corbyn and the party is more than just the parliamentary party.

prehaps you might consider that the MPs have been voted in by a wider constituency, not just Labour members. i asked a question of you (page 141 if interested), which is related to this. there is a divergence of the Labour movement and a large number of their vote, including most the Labour MPs (bare in mind the number genuinely backing Corbyn's nomination). alot of people seem to be speaking on behalf of a large proportion of the population here, assuming everyone who marked against the Labour candidate back in May share exactly the same views.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lots of Labour MPs have been contacted by concerned constituents (who voted Labour) and local activists. There is a growing groundswell to ditch Corbyn as soon as possible before he does terminal damage to the Party.

Party conference should be interesting!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
attachment deleted

Crikey, that's amazing. I went to listen to Tony Benn and Ken Leninspart at Brent Town Hall in 1901. I had only read about Ken (in the Mirror and Standard - I know:ffsparr:) and not seen him interviewed etc. I was expecting a robotic weasel going on about 5 year plans. Instead we had this funny bloke, very switched on, making jokes with a laughing press gallery about what nonsense they'd write about him the next day. The next day I read the report in the Mirror and it did pretty much what the Eye describes has been done to Jezza. God only knows what the Mail wrote. If these guys (Jezza and Leninspart) actually support stalinism and terrorism, why not just use the raw quotes instead of making up nonsense? I think it may be malice . . . .:lolol:

Anyway, I love Jezza's shorts and socks look (recent press photos). In his honour I did my shopping in similar gear today, and I swear I got lots of admiring looks from evidently newly politically-aware young women.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
attachment deleted

Crikey, that's amazing. I went to listen to Tony Benn and Ken Leninspart at Brent Town Hall in 1901. I had only read about Ken (in the Mirror and Standard - I know:ffsparr:) and not seen him interviewed etc. I was expecting a robotic weasel going on about 5 year plans. Instead we had this funny bloke, very switched on, making jokes with a laughing press gallery about what nonsense they'd write about him the next day. The next day I read the report in the Mirror and it did pretty much what the Eye describes has been done to Jezza. God only knows what the Mail wrote. If these guys (Jezza and Leninspart) actually support stalinism and terrorism, why not just use the raw quotes instead of making up nonsense? I think it may be malice . . . .:lolol:

Anyway, I love Jezza's shorts and socks look (recent press photos). In his honour I did my shopping in similar gear today, and I swear I got lots of admiring looks from evidently newly politically-aware young women.

I recently tried this but it didn't work for me !

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Interesting piece lifted from wikipedia regarding the new Shadow Chancellor
It's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA." He later said that the "deaths of innocent civilians in IRA attacks is a real tragedy, but it was as a result of British occupation in Ireland. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands we now have a peace process.[10]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"It's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA." He later said that the "deaths of innocent civilians in IRA attacks is a real tragedy, but it was as a result of British occupation in Ireland. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands we now have a peace process.[10]

A pro-IRA Chancellor is bound to go down a treat with the British electorate. Master stoke by Jezza.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There is probably at least as many more new people now willing to vote labour who didn't before.

Most of whom live in Labour safe seats. Make no difference to the electoral map.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA." He later said that the "deaths of innocent civilians in IRA attacks is a real tragedy, but it was as a result of British occupation in Ireland. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands we now have a peace process.[10]

Have to say i didnt believe you for one second about this,especially with a wiki reference. i dont remember this at all...... I mean,come on its a crazy thing for an MP to say.

however,from 2003

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/2949688.stm

what a complete :censored:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The joke really is on the Labour Party now, priceless error

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports