Jeremy Corbyn.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think you have some good reasons for not trusting the Labour party, and like you I feel they betrayed the core vote for political expediency. I dont agree with you on immigration, but do feel people have good reason to feel uncertain as there has never been a reasoned discussion about the pros and cons of immigration, nor tried to reach a consensus on the matter. Too often the debate has been about people swarming into the uk versus the view that those who argue this are bigots. Both arguments are simplified and inaccurate versions of a complex issue. Far better would have been to be hoinest and have an open debate. This may seem idealistic and impossible, but we currently have polarised camps with no bridges between the two sides. Certainly Gordon Brown deserved all the scorn heaped upon him for calling Eileen Drury a bigot for expressing understandable concerns to the leader of the party she supported. This perception of elitism by the Labour Party leadership is not without merit and goes a long way to explain both the election loss and the rise of JC.

Having said all of that, and in the spirit of reaching out, if you believe none of the parties or MP's can be trusted, and I accept those are my perceptions of your argument, what is it you would suggest instead.

If the Labour Party has been as bad as you say, and I do have sympathy for that view, when and how do we draw a line under their arrogant behaviour and more forwards into the future. I obviously believe the movement led by Jeremy Corbyn is the answer, what is yours?

Firstly thanks for a very good and reasoned reply to my post.
I do not believe that Corbyn is the answer, i am not too keen on his associations/views and dealings in the past. His pitch just reminds me of the soundbites that Blair used, and i was very convinced by him.
I have aired my views many times on here, and the part in your post where you state " there has never been a reasoned discussion about the pros and cons of immigration, nor tried to reach a consensus on the matter. Too often the debate has been about people swarming into the uk versus the view that those who argue this are bigots" is spot on. I have never been against immigration, but that does not matter to some, but i do want controlled immigration.
Basically i can not trust Labour, i am not keen on the Tories but feel overall they have done a far better job on the economy since the 70's when i was old enough to take note.
So basically the party that comes closest to my views is UKIP.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Listened to Corbyn, he says all the right things, what he says now and what he could actually deliver under a Labour government would be completely different.
I personally wouldn't trust anyone in the Labour party ever again regardless of how good they sound.

And he wants to remain in the EU, and reform it from within. Good luck
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/07/jeremy-corbyn-wants-britain-stay-eu

I think many have the same views/feeling. I feel i could never vote Labour again.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Jeremy Corbyn wins the Labour leadership with

There 540,272 eligible voters.

Some 422,664 people cast votes

There were 207 spoilt votes.

Jeremy Corbyn: 251,417 - 59.5%

Andy Burnham: 80,462 - 19%

Yvette Cooper: 71,928 - 17%

Liz Kendall: 18,857 - 4.5%

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why do people insist on supporting parties in a similar way to football teams!?
"oh I am a Labour/Tory voter and always will be...blah blah...so and so will be the death of the party and we wont get in for decades...blah blah"
No! Just bloody vote for who represents you the closest not a party that you liked ten/twenty years ago as they change and so do we. I hate all this mindless crap from the electorate.
Not sure ninjas comment was personal. It doesn't take a lot of brains to suppose the conservatives will be very pleased with the result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports