Jeremy Corbyn.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He's obviously going to win with 116 pages dedicated to him on this forum unlike the other candidates.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don't think there is much on NSC that leads me to believe there are many 'raving right' posters around here. The odd comment, maybe, but few and far between.
I think you will find many more leftie posters have 'biled' over Maggie Thatcher than right wingers have over Jeremy Corbyn........but you may not want to hear that.
Finally, he hasn't won yet.

Oi Tubs, why not put your 'smilie' under my complete post!
Sneaky!:lolol:

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
Might interest some on here a documentary by one of our best, Adam Curtis; on how Politicians in particular the Tories kept and keep harking on about how great Britain was and 'trust us we'll make Britain great again.' Couple of years old now but still pertinent.

Thank you, I like Adam Curtis and Id missed this. I'll look forward to seeing it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Can someone explain to me why people who clearly despise left wing ideas are so drawn and compelled to comment ad nauseum on Jeremy Corbyn. It cant be that they would think theyre going to change minds, when the gang of three plus their losers from the past cant change our minds.

It cant be about genuine debate, when they add no evidence nor anything new to their arguments, just simply trotting out the same tired old lines. There are contrributors on here that dont agree with me, but who do genuinely add to the debate, but in order to do this their arguments develop and try to build their points.

They may think they can offend us but thats not very nice, nor effective. Believe me after 35 years of being involved in left wing politics, I've learned to tune out the raving right. I find the ignore key very effective in this. It could be some strange weird fetish for 67 year old bearded political geeks and their supporters, but I really dont wish to go there.

The only real conclusion is that deep in their hearts is a fear. A fear that builds each time they hear Corbyn. A fear that grows further each time they hear the latest failed attempt to stop him from the old time losers, war criminals and media luvvies. A fear that increases as they realise that politics is changing and growing away from what they know and like to a strange new world of positive politics.

Now I am not naming names but if you feel I am talking about you, resist the urge to respond, I wont care anyway, you'll only boost my ego. Go outside take a deep breath and think nice calming positive thoughts, go to a happy place, then come back and look elsewhere. You'll only feel better in the end. Plus as a bonus if you dont respond this thread may slip out of sight.

If this fails, just think after Saturday, a whole new thread of arguments, in which your bile will have a place will start.

It is hard to think of a more arrogant post than this. After 35 years of pressing the ignore button, is it? You are thus saying that anyone right of you, which might not necessarily be "right wing" is to be ignored, because they could not possibly offer anything of worth. In any case,your definition of "raving right wingers", given your fanaticism, is in all probability not the same as more moderate folk. In all those 35 years, you did not ever learn anything of use from "right wingers" and nor was there ever anything that might induce you to moderate your opinion or cause you to think that there might be an element of compromise needed, or perish the thought, that you might actually have got the wrong end of the stick. NO, of course not - the right thing to do is to "tune out the raving right wing" using the ignore key, because in all those years, you have always been right. Ironically, you then end up by talking about someone else's bile.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Voting has closed. Let the rigging commence! ;)

Corbyn will easily win this. I know my onions when it comes to elections.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Can someone explain to me why people who clearly despise left wing ideas are so drawn and compelled to comment ad nauseum on Jeremy Corbyn. It cant be that they would think theyre going to change minds, when the gang of three plus their losers from the past cant change our minds.

It cant be about genuine debate, when they add no evidence nor anything new to their arguments, just simply trotting out the same tired old lines. There are contrributors on here that dont agree with me, but who do genuinely add to the debate, but in order to do this their arguments develop and try to build their points.

They may think they can offend us but thats not very nice, nor effective. Believe me after 35 years of being involved in left wing politics, I've learned to tune out the raving right. I find the ignore key very effective in this.

It could be some strange weird fetish for 67 year old bearded political geeks and their supporters, but I really dont wish to go there.

The only real conclusion is that deep in their hearts is a fear. A fear that builds each time they hear Corbyn. A fear that grows further each time they hear the latest failed attempt to stop him from the old time losers, war criminals and media luvvies. A fear that increases as they realise that politics is changing and growing away from what they know and like to a strange new world of positive politics.

Now I am not naming names but if you feel I am talking about you, resist the urge to respond, I wont care anyway, you'll only boost my ego. Go outside take a deep breath and think nice calming positive thoughts, go to a happy place, then come back and look elsewhere. You'll only feel better in the end. Plus as a bonus if you dont respond this thread may slip out of sight.

If this fails, just think after Saturday, a whole new thread of arguments, in which your bile will have a place will start.

I'm more than certain it was you who confidently predicted back in 2010 than the new coalition would implode and a fresh GE would be called by September of that year!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
[/B]

It is hard to think of a more arrogant post than this. After 35 years of pressing the ignore button, is it? You are thus saying that anyone right of you, which might not necessarily be "right wing" is to be ignored, because they could not possibly offer anything of worth. In any case,your definition of "raving right wingers", given your fanaticism, is in all probability not the same as more moderate folk. In all those 35 years, you did not ever learn anything of use from "right wingers" and nor was there ever anything that might induce you to moderate your opinion or cause you to think that there might be an element of compromise needed, or perish the thought, that you might actually have got the wrong end of the stick. NO, of course not - the right thing to do is to "tune out the raving right wing" using the ignore key, because in all those years, you have always been right. Ironically, you then end up by talking about someone else's bile.

Indeed, funny how it took someone who was telling people to back the Tories 6 months ago to be the first to mention Corbyn....now everyone's at it

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
I'm more than certain it was you who confidently predicted back in 2010 than the new coalition would implode and a fresh GE would be called by September of that year!

I honestly dont remember doing that and doubt id say such a thing so publicly as I have rarely made confident or such bold predictions as that. As you can see I have only made 388 posts since may 2009 and I dont think i'd say something as brash as that. Having said that I did believe the coalition was unstable and would collapse. I was wrong not the first time and wont be the last time. Produce the post and ill accept that I did it.

Are you equating me being wrong on that point is the equivalent of the tories on here stating corbyn wont survive means they could be wrong. Because Im very happy to accept that. Other than that I cant see what that has to do with Jeremy Corbyn.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So at one point will the biggest British political mistake since the conservatives elected Major as opposed to Heseltine be confirmed ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So at one point will the biggest British political mistake since the conservatives elected Major as opposed to Heseltine be confirmed ?

This was confirmed last May 7th :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I honestly dont remember doing that and doubt id say such a thing so publicly as I have rarely made confident or such bold predictions as that. As you can see I have only made 388 posts since may 2009 and I dont think i'd say something as brash as that. Having said that I did believe the coalition was unstable and would collapse. I was wrong not the first time and wont be the last time. Produce the post and ill accept that I did it.

Are you equating me being wrong on that point is the equivalent of the tories on here stating corbyn wont survive means they could be wrong. Because Im very happy to accept that. Other than that I cant see what that has to do with Jeremy Corbyn.

Corbin will survive, he's a career politician, it's the Labour Party that concerns most of its supporters.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What really makes me laugh is the difference between Jeremy and his brother Piers, couldn't be more different.

Milliband is sitting it our in NYC biding his name.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports