Jeremy Corbyn.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
My view is the only one with a chance against Cameron is Kendall, but she's last with seemingly no chance

The press would slaughter Kendall and I'm not sure she'd stand up to it. She's got that same weirdness that right wing press hammered Milliband with.

She's after a job in Chuka's shadow cabinet in 5 years time If you ask me.

Stumpy Tim

The press would slaughter Kendall and I'm not sure she'd stand up to it. She's got that same weirdness that right wing press hammered Milliband with.

She's after a job in Chuka's shadow cabinet in 5 years time If you ask me.
I fail to see why she would get slaughtered more than any of the others to be honest. She's not weird in any way

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Cameron will be gone by 2020 and the tories are pretty terrible at choosing leaders as well. You never know who will look better. There's a long time to go.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
CLHetsyWwAA-4a2.jpg

Corbyn pictured on public transport last night - no wonder he has amongst the lowest expenses claims in parliament. A true man of the people and man of his word.

:rolleyes:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Poor old bugger, He looks absolutely knackered!
Has he got the health and stamina to lead a political party, together with all the hurly burly and media attention that goes with it?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Has he got the health and stamina to lead a political party, together with all the hurly burly and media attention that goes with it?

I wondered the same myself. But then thought he's been an mp since 1983, he's not dumb he must know what he's letting himself in for.
Perhaps he never thought he'd do this well though...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

what i thought first too. closer look, i think hes listening/conversing with the two on the seat, the far one isnt sitting back as you would. funny how pictures can say different things, "camera doesnt lie" is a false cliche.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
what i thought first too. closer look, i think hes listening/conversing with the two on the seat, the far one isnt sitting back as you would. funny how pictures can say different things, "camera doesnt lie" is a false cliche.

If any picture could explain, why corbyn has both gone unnoticed until recently and is now doing so well this is it.

There are dozens of stories from islington about how Jeremy Corbyn is a quiet unassuming man, lacking in a huge ego and working with quiet determination to achieve what he believes. This has and will stand him in good stead in a party filled with massive egos and empty heads.

At ther same time how many politicians can you name that get on a bus and have a chat with travellers. Certainly none of the gang of 3. I can name 2. Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage. Look at how popular they are with the general public who see them as one of them. Jeremy Corbyn has the same touch.

Interestingly both of them have been under constant scrutiny with the media, and their approach ensures the public just ignores the allegations and believe the politician. This is a rare skill in a politician. Certainly a refreshing change from the lies, spin and cynicism of Tory Blair. Ignore Corbyns appeal at your peril.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If any picture could explain, why corbyn has both gone unnoticed until recently and is now doing so well this is it.

There are dozens of stories from islington about how Jeremy Corbyn is a quiet unassuming man, lacking in a huge ego and working with quiet determination to achieve what he believes. This has and will stand him in good stead in a party filled with massive egos and empty heads.

At ther same time how many politicians can you name that get on a bus and have a chat with travellers. Certainly none of the gang of 3. I can name 2. Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage. Look at how popular they are with the general public who see them as one of them. Jeremy Corbyn has the same touch.

Interestingly both of them have been under constant scrutiny with the media, and their approach ensures the public just ignores the allegations and believe the politician. This is a rare skill in a politician. Certainly a refreshing change from the lies, spin and cynicism of Tory Blair. Ignore Corbyns appeal at your peril.

Farage, Johnson and Corbyn may be popular with 'the people' but I wouldn't want any of them near the ultimate seat of power.
Anyway, those of you on the left of the Labour Party, be careful what you wish for.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Indeed. I think it is legit to ask whether a guy who would be 71 (pedantically 70 as his birthday is 26 May, but what's a few days) if elected and 76 by end of term is what we need. I speak as one of JC's generation, can't say I'd fancy the long days, arguments, constant attention, backstabbing, security etc etc.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Indeed. I think it is legit to ask whether a guy who would be 71 (pedantically 70 as his birthday is 26 May, but what's a few days) if elected and 76 by end of term is what we need. I speak as one of JC's generation, can't say I'd fancy the long days, arguments, constant attention, backstabbing, security etc etc.

surely thats the tory party is it not, Labour don't that sort of thing do they?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has he got the health and stamina to lead a political party?

If he's got the health and stamina to endure UK public transport I'm sure he's fit enough for party leadership.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Bingo

YouGov Times poll

Jez wins in round 1

Corbyn 53
Burnham 21
Cooper 18
Kendall 8

Extraordinary rise to the top from nowhere

Last edited:

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
With changes to boundaries on top of the election result it would take
something pretty remarkable for any of the candidates to win the next election.
The only believable scenario would be a serious economic downturn and
the only candidate proposing a different economic plan is Corbyn.
Thatcher said her greatest achievement was new labour so don't believe that
serious Tories favour Corbyn.
Personally I am not a great fan of Labour and I will not just pay to vote but
if Corbyn wins I would consider joining .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Anyone hear his interview with Stephen Nolan on Friday night? No way can this bloke become the leader of anything!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports