Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Clarkson Scandal.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I ****ing detest Jeremy Clarkson.

My ethnic make up would be considered "mixed" and have been on the end of plenty of everyday racism in my time.

What I absolutely detest more than either of the above is the faux outrage and left-wing lynch mob mentality that wants to hang anyone who has made any sort of error of judgement or slip of the tongue. He acknowledged his mistake and he should take it as a lesson and move on and be allowed to get on with his job.

Absolutely ****ing pathetic behaviour by The Mirror. There are far more damaging and realistic cases of racism that are worthy of such attention.

I ****ing detest Jeremy Clarkson.

My ethnic make up would be considered "mixed" and have been on the end of plenty of everyday racism in my time.

What I absolutely detest more than either of the above is the faux outrage and left-wing lynch mob mentality that wants to hang anyone who has made any sort of error of judgement or slip of the tongue. He acknowledged his mistake and he should take it as a lesson and move on and be allowed to get on with his job.

Absolutely ****ing pathetic behaviour by The Mirror. There are far more damaging and realistic cases of racism that are worthy of such attention.

Thread closed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Only one of me, mush. You can tell that from my username, for a start.

As for this debating lark, you're not very good at it, are you? I mean, you've already outed yourself as a racist and a bully. I'm just watching with mild fascination the countdown to your banning and subsequent exeunt from here.

Fill your boots.

Anyone said 'Man Up' yet..... you are quick to judge TLO....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Right pal, you copy and paste the racist comment I have made. As for bully...

Okay...

i once worked with various ethnics .

Not a great choice of words.

... Pakistanis and Indians, we each had nicknames relating to our various ethnic stereotypes.

Now, I'll agree that in SOME cicumstances, with SOME groups of individuals, this MIGHT be okay, IF ALL were comfortable with it...

However, ....

if people couldn't handle the banter they were shown the door or made so uncomfortable they found other employment.

Clearly some were not, but you BULLIED them into leaving. That IS racist, and IS illegal.

Clarkson can say what the hell he likes, so long as it is in jest which im sure it was.

The LAW says he can't

What exactly is racism? I read a cheesy joke. What did you read?

I'm not going to re-post the joke, but it was 100% RACIST. The entire premise of it, is that a black man is somebody that is in some way inferior, and to live next to him would be an inherently bad thing. If you do not see that premise as the dictionary definition of racist, then you have issues.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Okay...

Not a great choice of words.

Now, I'll agree that in SOME cicumstances, with SOME groups of individuals, this MIGHT be okay, IF ALL were comfortable with it...

However, ....

Clearly some were not, but you BULLIED them into leaving. That IS racist, and IS illegal.

The LAW says he can't

I'm not going to re-post the joke, but it was 100% RACIST. The entire premise of it, is that a black man is somebody that is in some way inferior, and to live next to him would be an inherently bad thing. If you do not see that premise as the dictionary definition of racist, then you have issues.

He didnt say HE made them feel uncomfortable........

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So he did three takes and tried to make sure the word wasn't audible? That's alright then.

Three takes meant he knew he shouldn't be using it.

He still used it.

Three takes = three times.

He knew what he was doing, insulting people.

He's a cock that should be punished.

Unfortunately Top Gear is the BBCs biggest export behind Dr Who so unfortunately they'll tippytoe around him. Have some balls BBC and get some a different twot to talk about cars for people that want to see and look at cars on their television, preferably one that isn't casually racist.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
So he did three takes and tried to make sure the word wasn't audible? That's alright then.

He still used it.

Unfortunately Top Gear is the BBCs biggest export behind Dr Who so unfortunately they'll tippytoe around him. Have some balls BBC and get some a different twot to talk about cars for people that want to see and look at cars on their television, preferably one that isn't casually racist.

I rest my case.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

He still used it.

I absolutely LOVE his mealy-mouthed statement, quoted earlier, that he 'did everything in his power' to avoid saying the word. Apart, obviously, from ummm, simply NOT saying it. Does he have tourettes?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The rest of his posts on this thread, meant that he didn't explicitly need to.

I have read them, I wouldn't say that he is a racist or a bully based on that evidence. I would say he has a difference of opinion, which probably doesnt warrant being called a racist or a bully.....

They are my views on it!

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate
Don't thank me. It's free of charge.
did i thank you?, you lack the intellectual honesty to hold any kind of debate

I can't. It quite rightly got deleted.
This was my comment, the one you got deleted

heres me thinking the inquisitions where over, i once worked with various ethnics including a few English lads Pakistanis and Indians, we each had nicknames relating to our various ethnic stereotypes.if people couldn't handle the banter they were shown the door or made so uncomfortable they found other employment. Clarkson can say what the hell he likes, so long as it is in jest which im sure it was.

point out the part of my comment where i out myself as a racist.

Morally, intellectually, emotionally or physically?
you lack honesty and integrity as a man. you come across as both arrogant and hypocritical. i very much doubt that if and most likely when we meet in person you will be as arrogant to me in person.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have read them, I wouldn't say that he is a racist or a bully based on that evidence. I would say he has a difference of opinion, which probably doesnt warrant being called a racist or a bully.....

They are my views on it!

You are welcome to your views.

Here are mine - he has admitted to happily being a member of a workforce (of various 'ethnics') who routinely and deliberately made people who were not happy to go along with their 'banter' of accepting being called by a racially-inspired 'nickname', "uncomfortable" to the point they had to seek alternative employment. Indeed, not only does he openly admit to have been accepting of this situation, he goes further, and declares that it was 'great craic'. I'm not declaring him a racist bully - he is openly admitting it.

His denial of any racist premise in the 'joke' posted, is further confirmation, if you need it.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I am right in thinking that the scandal is:
TV presenter does several takes of a scene.
They decide some may be offensive and so choose to air a non-offensive one.

I am getting this right?

What Keys and Grays said wasn't broadcast. I don't think what Big Ron said was broadcast. John Terry didn't insult Anton Ferdinand in an interview

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
did i thank you?, you lack the intellectual honesty to hold any kind of debate

This was my comment, the one you got deleted

point out the part of my comment where i out myself as a racist.

you lack honesty and integrity as a man. you come across as both arrogant and hypocritical. i very much doubt that if and most likely when we meet in person you will be as arrogant to me in person.

you can have this... patronising to add to your list if you want?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
8 pages on absolutely nothing! What's so important about Jeremy Clarkson?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here