Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jelle Vossen

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Amazed if he couldn't find a mid-table Prem club if coming to this country! He's good
Definitely. I can't work out what it is but there seem to be an awful lot of potentially very decent players from top flights around Europe who are apparently desperate to play for middling Championship clubs. See Guðmundsson to Charlton, this chap to 'Boro and Max Gradel possibly heading back to Bournemouth (I mean, how?!). Even Brentford have signed some ex-Real Madrid midfielder. It's a bit weird. I know the obvious answer is "money", but I'd have thought in most cases these players could still earn a better wage elsewhere.

Then again, our only signing to date was playing the likes of Lyon and Fiorentina in Europe last season. I think maybe the Championship is now seen as more of a shop window than it ever has been previously for players on the continent looking to make it on these shores.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So we are thinking of signing a player valued at over 3 million? Yeah right :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not going to happen.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Could be moulded into the perfect replacement for Ulloa

Agreed. If Leo does leave, the signing of a player like this would certainly lessen the blow. Let's hope he takes a tour of Middlesborough before he signs a contract with their football team. He'll see something that will make him change his mind. It's grim up north.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think our rivals would be very Jelle-ous!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here