Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Jehovah's Witness

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Afternoon Albionites.
I don't mean to offend anyone on here.
We used to get the JW knocking on our door, basically being polite nuisances.
So there were (Mrs AR and moi), having our lunch, when this brown envelope drops through letter box, with just our address on, no name.
Cautiously opening said envelope, to read a hand written card from a JW.
For their protection, I'll call them Oddjob.

I quote:
"Dear neighbour
Due to the pandemic, we are not knocking on doors, so I decided to write to you instead":shootself

Oddjob goes on about passing on, the resurrection of the dead on earth coming soon and questioning when this will take place.

Oddjob goes on:
"If you would like to know more, email me at *****jwitness@gmail.com"

I have to say they're upping their game, whatever next virtual knocking on your door through the medium of Zoom.

TBH we've both had a laugh about it, in todays current clime.

Rant over:thumbsup:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Give them a very wide berth is my advice . Any religion that actively goes around trying to recruit converts is one to avoid . If it was any good it wouldn’t need to try to get more followers .

May 5, 2020
Sussex
They seem like a nice bunch of people to be honest.
I notice they have a sense of togetherness and community spirit to help others.
They are all dressed very smart on a Sunday too.
Nice people.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Many years ago whilst living in Oxfordshire, we had an American Air Force serviceman as our neighbours. One evening when they were round for drinks we had two Jehovahs knock at the door. Invite them in said the neighbour. They came in and sat down while my wife made them a coffee. Here's the good bit, Jim asked them what exactly was it that Jehovah witnessed, was it God giving Mary one around the back of the Stables. They could not get out quick enough. Never came back ever.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
As a kid we had a couple of women knock on the door to talk about religion, Dad had been on nights and answered the door in just his boxers

He gave them a couple of minutes and then asked them if they believed in love thy neighbour

One of them said of course

Dad then said the wife’s out if you two fancy a threesome

They immediately decided to leave the vicinity

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nice people.

Nice people unless you want to leave. They split up families.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Nice people.

My mum’s younger sister got converted back in the 1950s by an elderly lady near Bordon in Hants, the family knew nothing about it until my aunt had to go into hospital one day. Her first serious boyfriend promised “I’ll get her out of it” to the family and ended up a more rabid JW than her. They married and went to Oz as £10 Poms, much helped by the local JWs to get housed etc. Their sons now run a very successful building firm and both have landing strips in their back ‘gardens’ for their planes. Them being JWs has caused a few issues between our families down the years. Here ends the tale.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Afternoon Albionites.
I don't mean to offend anyone on here.
We used to get the JW knocking on our door, basically being polite nuisances.
So there were (Mrs AR and moi), having our lunch, when this brown envelope drops through letter box, with just our address on, no name.
Cautiously opening said envelope, to read a hand written card from a JW.
For their protection, I'll call them Oddjob.

I quote:
"Dear neighbour
Due to the pandemic, we are not knocking on doors, so I decided to write to you instead":shootself

Oddjob goes on about passing on, the resurrection of the dead on earth coming soon and questioning when this will take place.

Oddjob goes on:
"If you would like to know more, email me at *****jwitness@gmail.com"

I have to say they're upping their game, whatever next virtual knocking on your door through the medium of Zoom.

TBH we've both had a laugh about it, in todays current clime.

Rant over:thumbsup:

I used to love chatting with them - There was one who used to sit next to me in work. I really enjoyed the discussions.

They have a good explanation for everything. But like everything else, the Bible can be and has been interpreted in many different ways by different years over the years. And as much as I enjoyed the conversations I had with my former colleague - She eventually gave up on me citing a phrase from the Bible ''Do not waste your time on ''non believers''

They also don't like it when you bring up 1975 when they claimed that to be the year of ''Armageddon'' which never came to pass and all the Jehovah's Witnesses all sold their houses and missed out on the Housing Boom Rise in prices of their homes . Oooooopss '' Faux Pas Jehovah '' :p

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
tenor.gif

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Many years ago I had Jehovah's witnesses knock my door, after they had done their spiel at the door I invited them in for a chat, but apparently they were too busy to come in. I think I confused them by being polite and showing interest.

Instead they arranged to come back the following Monday, so I made sure I was out - that will teach them to turn down my hospitality!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
A religion that will disappear in the next 20/30 years as their membership drop out for under 40’s is apparently in the high 80% bracket, the Christian Scientists have gone down a similar route in the early part of this century.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I knew a small cluster of JWs at school. Really normal, nice people, whose life choices were sadly limited by the choices and beliefs of their parents.

I often wonder what became of them and if they're happy. These kids had so much life and energy and fun in them but as we all grew up you sensed they were being forced down a different route to most of the rest of us. For better or worse.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Never understood why if only 144000 people go to heaven, they try and reduce their odds by recruiting more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here