Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jeffrey Epstein "found dead in cell"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
She obviously likes being in the limelight... No doubt accusing Prince Andrew will keep her there !!

That’s a really, really strange viewpoint to take about a survivor of sexual assault wanting justice.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why are people 'survivors' rather than 'victims', these days?
Just asking!

Victim, survivor, whichever. Again, very weird thing to be focusing on!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Victim, survivor, whichever. Again, very weird thing to be focusing on!

I'm not getting focused on anything, Mellotron, just wondering.
As a normal human being, parent and grandparent, I obviously feel sympathy for victims of this sort of crime, so don't get po-faced with me!
Please also see my reply to Bakero, re victims not wanting to be called survivors!

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I hardly think it matters either way.

No, it doesn't , but I am just interested, as it seems that victims of certain types of crime have suddenly become survivors, especially in the case of alleged sexual abuse and exploitation.......hence my question here with the Epstein case.
Perhaps I should have started a whole new thread to avoid any sensibilities, but actually there is some discussion about this in the media from victims of abuse who object to being called survivors.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
With reference to the Epstein case , survivor would I guess be the correct noun for those that have so far come forward , if of course they are being truthful .
Victims would be those that didn't return from Little Saint James Island .

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What is it he says which makes you consider him innocent?

I as said before have no reason to believe or disbelieve him or her, but one is lying.........Suggest you google Prince Andrew and Virginia Giuffre and read the story and see what they both say.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here