Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jefferson lerma hi

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Amazingly, we’re all doing it at the same speed s as well.
Except for Bob Dylan in “My back pages”:
”ah, but I was so much older then.
I’m younger than that now.”

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not really comparing like with like here, though I'll agree with you on Lerma being average.

Caicedo's 21 and has years to improve his goalscoring stats. He's had 1 full season in the Premier League and played 8 league games previously.

Lerma's 28 and at the peak of his playing career. He's not likely to improve significantly.
But his goal scoring stats are irrelevant as that’s not his job - he is a defensive midfielder. Like Caicedo he is a breaker up of play and involved at the start of attacks. He’s actually got 5 PL goals this season which is pretty impressive. Using goal scoring stats as a way of judging a player, especially a defensive midfielder is a total waste of time.

Ngolo Kante has been widely recognised as the best DM in the world for years. He was certainly the best midfielder in the Premier League in 2015/2016 and 2016/2017, winning the league both seasons and he scored 1 goal in each season. In fact he’s only got 12 goals in his whole 8 year career in the PL, I’m fairly certain he would have been a good signing for us though!

Like I say, I wouldn’t want Lerma anyway but it’s irritating when players are judged on goal scoring stats which are irrelevant. It used to annoy me on here when Bissouma was criticised for his goal scoring record.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I never understand clubs signing players when they haven’t sorted out a manager for next season yet!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I never understand clubs signing players when they haven’t sorted out a manager for next season yet!
Beaky is trying to get business done early to improve the squad to attract manager applicants (and American investors). His network has identified a player that knows the league with no price tag. Beaky loves that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here