Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jean Marie Dongou of Barca B (Merged)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
About time we started looking at TRIED and TESTED English players instead of looking at so called foreign talent...we have development squads...let's use them and bring them on instead of this obsession that if a player has played for a decent side in Europe they are automatically world beaters.

This will be the death of football in this country if we do not follow up all the money spent of development with actually playing players. Look at JFC. An example of a decent youngster coming through...

Problem is tried and tested English players cost high amounts.

Whilst I agree it would be great to see some players come through from the development squad the only player who looks a real talent is Ince. I'd love to see some homegrown players in the Albion side but I can't really see any youth team players pushing to be included except for perhaps Solly March

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
About time we started looking at TRIED and TESTED English players instead of looking at so called foreign talent...we have development squads...let's use them and bring them on instead of this obsession that if a player has played for a decent side in Europe they are automatically world beaters.

This will be the death of football in this country if we do not follow up all the money spent of development with actually playing players. Look at JFC. An example of a decent youngster coming through...

The problem is that "tried and tested" English players normally cost a bomb. Just look at Charlie Austin. QPR spent a small fortune on him and is he really better than Ulloa? And if he is, is that worth the 2mil price difference between them that ultimately means a team like us can't or won't invest in other areas?

Last edited:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Agree with much of what has been said in response to GW. In addition, we are obviously a long way behind the curve in terms of youth development anyway so the results of that are not really for the here and now. You can't fault the Albion (well, TB) for addressing that long term with the Lancing development.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Never happen, think of the uproar and the riots there would be amongst the Albion faithful if the Austrian Pele got dropped.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Never happen, think of the uproar and the riots there would be amongst the Albion faithful if the Austrian Pele got dropped.

What, like the uproar and riots there were last season when he got dropped numerous times, notably when Bridge came back? Yeah, it was mayhem wasn't it?
:lolol:

How do you cope each time Barnes scores yet another goal?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What, like the uproar and riots there were last season when he got dropped numerous times, notably when Bridge came back? Yeah, it was mayhem wasn't it?
:lolol:

How do you cope each time Barnes scores yet another goal?
Safely in the thinking he'll be off to Sunderland next month. :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Safely in the thinking he'll be off to Sunderland next month. :thumbsup:

Brilliant. Even if he did well there you still wouldn't rate him would you?

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
This would be amazing. Firmly filed in the 'believe it when I see camp' for now but definitely be cause for breaking the glass on the FLAIR ALARM.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Dongou is class, seen him lots of times and is one of 3 players (along with Sanabria and Sandro Ramirez) that Barca have that could genuinely progress through to be the Number 9 striker they've been missing for quite some time. People on here really thought we were in with a chance of Deulofeu, but that was never going to happen in a million years. Dongou may have a slightly higher chance of being loaned out to a lower league club than Deulofeu, but I'd still rate the chances as less than 1%.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would be an unbelievable signing. I've watched him a couple if times and he's an incredible talent. Different style of player but up there with Deulofeu IMO

Exactly THIS!

If Deulofeu is one of Everton's best (as was predicted), not sure how we have a hope in hell but.........

Probably be between us and someone average like Arsenal and I know which of those I'd go to! :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here