Jealous of the East Stand..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Having looked at some of the recent threads and "attempted" mickey taking of us Eaststanders, I am starting to come to the conclusion that North, and West standers are just jealous!

We have the best seats and view, and some people are only just waking up and realising what a shrewd investment the East Stand is.

Never mind!:thumbsup:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Nope. West Upper is fine for me thanks. A view is all well and good but you can get that if a camera's pointing the right way on TV. I've got the view, I'm warm and dry, and I've got a roof right above me holding in the noise my stand makes. 15-love.:thumbsup:

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Nope. West Upper is fine for me thanks. A view is all well and good but you can get that if a camera's pointing the right way on TV. I've got the view, I'm warm and dry, and I've got a roof right above me holding in the noise my stand makes. 15-love.:thumbsup:

Good job you have the same view that you'd get sitting at home watching on the box (not the best view) 15-all:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Having looked at some of the recent threads and "attempted" mickey taking of us Eaststanders, I am starting to come to the conclusion that North, and West standers are just jealous!

We have the best seats and view, and some people are only just waking up and realising what a shrewd investment the East Stand is.

Never mind!:thumbsup:

You've clearly never seen a game from WSU. Come back when you have.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Without a doubt the best view in the house. And I was surprised at the real mix of people - certainly not all old folk and families. I love it.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Face it. You're all jealous of the West Stand MOTHERSHIP.

Oooooh. D'ya want ice for that burn?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
if you like looking at the atmosphere and not being part of it, yes amazing. I think the club has got it very close to spot on with the different sections and what crowds they are catering to.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You've clearly never seen a game from WSU. Come back when you have.

Right, well I am an East Stand ST holder and I saw the Sunderland game from the West Stand Upper. I think the East is better. You don't have to walk up a thousand and three steps, you don't have such long queues for pies and pints, the quality of which is far better in the East I have to say, and you are in a much better position to judge what has happened. I sit right on the halfway line, only a few rows back, and stared straight down the line of Buckley smashing in the equaliser. I was also so close to Dumbuya of Doncaster when he first clattered into LuaLua that I heard the impact. I shouted NOOOONEY and the little man gave me a thumbs up.... all things I think I would have missed had I been in the clouds.

That said, I did love the WSU. I wouldn't want to be there for every game, but the atmosphere was more electric and there were far more characters up there. I was right over by the Southern End, it was a very good laugh. I prefer the East, but really, it doesn't greatly matter where you sit at our amazing new home.

BHADAZ

Sep 10, 2011
lancing
im in the north end of the east stand and its great not bothered byby the west if i wasnt in the east id go for the north stand

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
if you like looking at the atmosphere and not being part of it, yes amazing.
The atmosphere is actually pretty good! Maybe not as loud as the North or West Upper of course - but then again less gobby dickheads to contend with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports