Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] JD Sports South Terminal LGW

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I can't be the only one of us Outlanders who consider that Shoreham, Portslade, etc.* are 'just part of Brighton, really'...

* and, errr, Hove...
Depends how old you are and where you grew up. I have always thought of Shoreham as a the separate town that it actually is and never part of Brighton……or B & H since it became a city.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Grinds my gears they call it "London" Gatwick, make your mind up it's one or the other, makes no sense, they don't call Guildford Train station London Guildford do they, why London Gatwick.
I always make a point of when we land, saying "Ah glad to be back in Sussex"

There is the whole width of a County between Gatwick and London. Makes no sense at all.

As it happens there are two railway stations in Guildford, 'Guildford' and, erm, 'London Road'.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the creeping use of the Amercanism 'train station' annoying, it rather implies that only trains stop at the station, rather disregarding the fact that things that aren't trains like light engines and single car units (and technically any multi-car units that aren't attached to something else) stop at them all the time.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the creeping use of the Amercanism 'train station' annoying, it rather implies that only trains stop at the station, rather disregarding the fact that things that aren't trains like light engines and single car units (and technically any multi-car units that aren't attached to something else) stop at them all the time.
That is a very niche thing to be annoyed about...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Grinds my gears they call it "London" Gatwick, make your mind up it's one or the other, makes no sense, they don't call Guildford Train station London Guildford do they, why London Gatwick.
Same as 'London' Luton and Stansted!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
At £49.50, it’s over £10 cheaper than our away shirt. Club strategy to only sell from our shop or on line does make ours a bit pricey.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
That is a very niche thing to be annoyed about...

It isn't that niche, and I think we should get annoyed by things that are factually wrong. I also get irritated when people say that Guildford has a cobbled High Street.

Most people won't care about either of these of course... or the London prefix to Gatwick Airport! :D

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Guess you're the same about Brighton City Airport!!

Edit. guess I should've read the whole thread as someone already commented.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It isn't that niche, and I think we should get annoyed by things that are factually wrong. I also get irritated when people say that Guildford has a cobbled High Street.

Most people won't care about either of these of course... or the London prefix to Gatwick Airport! :D
What about when people go to the 'petrol station' to fill up their car that runs on diesel? :rant:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
What about when people go to the 'petrol station' to fill up their car that runs on diesel? :rant:
Paying by card? Don't forget your PIN Number...

Deutschland 83 Running GIF by SundanceTV

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can't be the only one of us Outlanders who consider that Shoreham, Portslade, etc.* are 'just part of Brighton, really'...

* and, errr, Hove... 😬
As this seems to be turning into 'Pedant's corner', we don't live in KENT! And no, we're a completely different COUNTY to that mob!

Disgruntled of Shoreham-BY-SEA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here