[Albion] JD Sports South Terminal LGW

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
PXL_20230906_110249514.jpg

All the usual suspects and then this!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Grinds my gears they call it "London" Gatwick, make your mind up it's one or the other, makes no sense, they don't call Guildford Train station London Guildford do they, why London Gatwick.
I always make a point of when we land, saying "Ah glad to be back in Sussex"

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Grinds my gears they call it "London" Gatwick, make your mind up it's one or the other, makes no sense, they don't call Guildford Train station London Guildford do they, why London Gatwick.
I think you know the answer to that. its clearly for international tourists wanting to fly in and get to London.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Literally the only accurate words on there are "airport" and "Lydd", it's not in Ashford nor London, and nobody who's ever been to Lydd has ever been welcomed!
The worst chips I have ever had were in Lydd.
What that has to do with JD Sports, Gatwick or Southampton I don't know but there you go.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don’t look at the sign at Shoreham Airport :smile:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
eh, Shoreham airport ?

I drive past Brighton City Airport on my way to work every morning, is it close by ?

I guess the name change is to distance it's self from the tragedy.
You have just mentioned Gatwick not being in London, my point was Brighton City airport isn’t in Brighton, there isn’t actually a Brighton City……what happened to Hove? :wink:
Did I really have to explain that……I know it’s hot :lolol:

For most people over a certain age it’s always called Shoreham Airport, similar to the pier being known as The Palace Pier.
I have no idea if the name of the airport was changed because of the tragedy

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You have just mentioned Gatwick not being in London, my point was Brighton City airport isn’t in Brighton, there isn’t actually a Brighton City……what happened to Hove? :wink:

For most people over a certain age it’s always called Shoreham Airport, similar to the pier being known as The Palace Pier.
I have no idea if the name of the airport was changed because of the tragedy
It has been known as Brighton City Airport since before the Shoreham Air Show tragedy, when new owners took over the running of it.

A flipping silly and misleading name though l will azgree.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I can't be the only one of us Outlanders who consider that Shoreham, Portslade, etc.* are 'just part of Brighton, really'...

* and, errr, Hove... 😬

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here