Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCLs, Join Dates etc.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I judge a post on merit not join date.

Most, if not all of the long term posters tend to post worthy threads simply because they've been here for the long haul and are likely to be more aware of what is more likely to get shot down for being drivel.

Also, the old school members have seen all of the "fixture" threads that appear 5 minutes after the same thread has fallen off the 3rd page and don't often seem to post on those threads.

It takes all sorts to make up a good forum and there have been loads of good new members join up in the last couple of years. I think that this is probably one of the best football forums available so either enjoy it or join one of the other available Albion forums out there.

I was an avid reader of NSC for quite some time before I signed up. This place has it's fair share of fickle fans as does the club in general. The JCL thing is always used as an excuse to make people think that they are better fans but we all know how long and how much we care about the club. Unfortunately, I can't make many games due to work so I daresay, can't be a very good supporter but hey ho, that's life.

Don't get so wound up about it. Join date is no big deal.
Spot on,I've supported the Albion along time but didn't join until 2007 (I think) I get shot down because I've been a steward for 10 years,I don't let it bother me as I enjoy being part of the community.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I'm a JCL and I don't give a monkeys. After madly supporting Dunfermline Athletic through my childhood years I totally forgot about football until I took my son to the Amex in 2011. And now I feel like the football obsessed teenager I once was. I wouldn't swap my season tickets for anything now.

I don't know why people have an axe to grind with JCLs. I'd imagine a fair number of the extra 20,000 people now watching Brighton are JCLs.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Don't forget there's a difference between JCLs (welcome to the Albion @FloatLeft !) and 'Newbies' who are people new to NSC. Loads of Brighton fans don't even know this place exists and so the 'Join Date' is NOT the date someone became an Albion fan.

Both the club and NSC needs both, so say your piece and don't worry about us old farts who've been here since the year dot. Our opinions are obviously no more valid than someone who joined NSC yesterday, although as has been pointed out the more long-term posters tend not to join in on threads that have cropped up numerous times over the years simply because we've said all we have to say and can't be arsed repeating ourselves, even for the benefit of a new audience.

EDIT: There are exceptions to the 'repeat' rule of course. Winning an FA Cup game is far more important than winning an individual league game and do NOT sing "Going up TO win the Cup". Either sing the real words ("Stand or Fall") or "Going up AND WE'LL win the Cup". I will continue to make those points on thread after thread, year after year!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What a lot of the posters on here do not seem to realise....we were all JCLS....... ONCE. Welcome all new users....pass the baton....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I only look at join dates to judge whether or not to read a post. Anyone who joined after the Amex was going up is well f***ing suss in my book. How can these tards have anything to add? I want them all to f*** off back to Chelsea or Tottingham boards so we can have 8,000 loyalists rattling around the AMEX like peas in a drum. No ques for the pies, lovely quiet in Dicks bar...hmm.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
I have been a fan since I was a child, just have not got round to creating an account until now.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
We should just ban all JCLs .........simples.............and anyone who has not got an average of 50+ posts a day should also be banned!!

You lot don't realise how much time us very important moderators waste looking at JCLs very unimportant posts :angry:

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
That's informative, now shall we guess when you were a child? :lol:

I will start, I think your 37 years old and you were a child when you were 12 :shrug:

Nope, I am only 23 and have been a supporter since being in primary school, but cannot remember the exact age beyond that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here