Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL This and JCL That

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
what's up with all this 'I'm better than you' that's beginning to resurface? It's pathetic. It's almost like some of you are trying to be some sort of :bhasign: Hipster :bhasign:

If you think we're not allowed new fans, then uhmmm...how do we build our fanbase?

:tosser:
So what have you done with all of your old Chelsea kits then? :wink:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
My first games were at the Goldstone but I only started going week in week out in 2002 as the Goldstone was not deemed a safe place to take a young kid by my Dad.
I feel part of the fanbase who fought for the ground, Falmer marches, Alive and Kicking Fund (donating my paper round money) etc. When me, my dad and younger brother arrived at the Doncaster game it felt like a sense of ACHIEVEMENT and PRIDE, this wont be felt by the new comers, However what ever happens on this next journey for the Albion can be shared TOGETHER new and old.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
So who do you really support? Chelsea? Manure, Arsenal? Let's see you joined this site last month. What gives you the right to complain when we all get pissed off with the JCLs?

thus speaks the 'supporter' who joined Xmas 2008, I'd changed my name twice on here by then.....

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
:)
A good year to start! (My first game was the disappointing 1-0 loss at home to Aldershot on boxing day '73)

stand out game for me that year was
Brighton and Hove Albion v Walton and Hersham, 28 November 1973 we lost 4 nill, and I got thrown out of the south stand for shouting abuse at the walton fans in the west stand .
(copper that threw me out was my year tutor at school who was a special constable):angry: got more crap on the thursday for bunking school to go to the game

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The term JCL is starting to really get up my nose. There are some, so called "fans" on this site who seem to want to label everyone as a JCL simply for posting a question, that may seem obvious the them but to the OP he may just want clarification or whatever.

Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion and to post a reply if they so wish, to label someone a JCL is demeaning and childish and needs to stop. We are all (most of us) Albion fans and it would be good if those doing the slagging off could remember that point.

Regardless of whether I did or didn't manage to see a game in the last three or four years does not make me any less a fan or expect any less respect than those who never missed a game during that time. Just because you were a STH at Withdean does not make you a super hero who demands more respect than others.

So can we PLEASE cut this JCL crap out of posts and start enjoying the wonderful club we ALL support for the right reasons? Thank you.

Us JCLs should have a special page that the people with no life and 10000 posts aren't allowed on with their patronising comments :tantrum:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You do know that EVERYONE on this thread that has just called you a JCL was JOKING, right?

So how do us JCLs know this is a joke:

from pork pie

So who do you really support? Chelsea? Manure, Arsenal? Let's see you joined this site last month. What gives you the right to complain when we all get pissed off with the JCLs?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Brighton and Hove Albion v Walton and Hersham, 28 November 1973 we lost 4 nill, and I got thrown out of the south stand for shouting abuse at the walton fans in the west stand .
(copper that threw me out was my year tutor at school who was a special constable):angry: got more crap on the thursday for bunking school to go to the game

Lol. :) 'Sir' picked on you there! Didn't the striker who played for Walton and Hersham go on to play for Leatherhead and score the goal that knocked us out the following year?

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011

I used to go the Goldstone school. Can remember hearing the crowd for that game whilst in the classroom. Can you remember why
it was played mid week during the day. Was it something to do with crowd trouble?

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Conkers it does not come across like that. There seems to be real hatred in some people's replies and it doesn't make good reading when we are all supposed to be supporting the same team. Geeze who needs Palarse fans at our home games when we fight each other?

No disrespect but you sound a little over emotional to me.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I suppose I'm a jcl, but Shirley any football club needs new fans. I've only supported Albion for 3 years but we've all gotta start somewhere.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
thus speaks the 'supporter' who joined Xmas 2008, I'd changed my name twice on here by then.....

I had no desire to post before then. I have been an active fan since 1972. Home and away, Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean, years. What the hell has changing your name got to do with anything? lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here