Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL This and JCL That

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
The first game i saw at the goldstone was in 1988 when i was 14 and me and a mate sneeked off for the afternoon with our paper round wages and did'nt dare tell our parents where we were going in case they put a stop to it. we drew 1-1 with port vale if i remember right. Also did a week's work experience in the club shop in 89.
Being able to get to games got harder during the 90's due to lack of money and then 00's due to work comitments. But i know what the club means to me even if some people want to sneer at the fact that i, like many others, dont have a post count in the thousands. Keep faith with NSC because there is plenty of humor to be had on here.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
'JCL'

what's up with all this 'I'm better than you' that's beginning to resurface? It's pathetic. It's almost like some of you are trying to be some sort of :bhasign: Hipster :bhasign:

If you think we're not allowed new fans, then uhmmm...how do we build our fanbase?

:tosser:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I like the term JCB - Johnny Come Back. I think we've got more of them than alleged JCLs, and thank god for that otherwise we'd have a 27,750 capacity ground with average attendances of 6,000...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Actually, I prefer the term/question Where Were You When We Were Shit(?) - but sadly WWYWWWS(?) doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. :(

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just go to the games and keep going....even when we are playing shit...and one day you won't be a jcl..you too will be a "hipster"

Buy and old shirt too...of course

Have the Man United tattoo on your face lasered off....of course

Make sure that no one who knows you were a Chelsea/Liverpool/arsenal fan lat year is ever allowed to meet your new cool Albion mates...kill them all to be on the safe side.

Ffs no one gives a shit.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
what's up with all this 'I'm better than you' that's beginning to resurface? It's pathetic. It's almost like some of you are trying to be some sort of :bhasign: Hipster :bhasign:

If you think we're not allowed new fans, then uhmmm...how do we build our fanbase?

:tosser:

I don't even think is a new problem. I remember protesting outside the Goldstone before the Mansfield boycott game and asking people not to go in. An eldely chaps responce was "i went to the cup final which is more than you have ever done for this club"

I was a bit too young to go the cup final but not quite sure why this meant I wasn't entitled to my view on something going on at the club more than 10 years later.

Hopefully people of his ilk never made it to the AMEX!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jeez, calm down, it's said in jest. I'm sure there's not a single Albion fan who'd like to be rattling around inside the Amex with 5,000 diehards and no JCBs or JCLs :rolleyes:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
I'm sure a lot of people think they're saying it ironically or only doing it for a joke but of course it doesn't always come across, isn't funny anyway and just looks shit.

Maybe I'm just spending a bit too much time on here but some of the absolute IDIOCY being spouted each and every day is starting to make me really despair for our club. A lot of people need to take stock, grow up and get over themselves

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here