Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL This and JCL That

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There you go you see, everyone thinking I'm a JCL when all I am doing is raising a concern and defending everyone who wants to voice an opinion on this site. Sad.
I think they were joking.

Just rise above it. So what if your dad took you to your first game when you were 2, or if you just started supporting the club because we've got a new ground, I don't care. I get the feeling that some of those complaining about JCLs haven't really enjoyed supporting Brighton. They feel they've suffered haiving to support us through the dark times, and they want some respect from the (so called) JCLs because they think it's unfair these new fans just get to enjoy the good times.

Going to watch a footy match is supposed to be fun, whether you go because you want to see good football in a decent stadium, or you go because you enjoy being part of a cause, it makes no difference. Welcome one and all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now I think I am addicted, but as I don't currently want to pay for it I have to rely on charity, such as "The Football League Show". I hope in the future I can develop a proper Albion habit, and the money that is required.
If you were a true addict, you'd rob you friends and family to get the money for a ticket.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm a JCL and so's my wife

Not as bad as mine,dancing around to the tune "Glad all over" Mc Donalds advert...till i put her straight.

phatsam99

Jul 6, 2011
I've got to agree here it does my nut, I was told by my friend a season ticket holder for 10 years not to go on here cos it's just fall of 1901 fans up there own asses. But I fort (ticket holder for 5 years) I would give it ago and you know what he's right this is shit, you might aswell get your cocks out and see who is biggest!!!! You say JCL to any comment you don't like or how long the users being a member or If that doesn't work you go for the spelling the member uses. So yes now comment on this I am a JCL to NSC I've only been a member on here for a month and my spelling shit. So please have a good. But tbh I probably won't be a member for much longer. So best do it quick

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Mmmm in that case I suppose I'm just gonna have to take the flack, coz even on my death bed I'll still be thought of as a JCL to some.

It's to do with this new reputation thingy. Hover above the little green square just below your name, then you'll know if Bozza has you down as a JCL.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
My name is Aunty and I am a JCL.

I first started football ...Now I think I am addicted, but as I don't currently want to pay for it I have to rely on charity, such as "The Football League Show". I hope in the future I can develop a proper Albion habit, and the money that is required.

Top post Aunty. Really made me laugh!

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Some really good posts guys (and galls) and hopefully, whilst this JCL thing is not going to go away, it needed to be brought in to the open and discussed, which we have done. Thank you everyone.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just accept it - The Age of the JCL is coming! As a JCL myself (the first time I went to the Goldstone I saw Charlie Livesey score against Tranmere, but for some stupid reason which I can't remember, I didn't immediately join NSC at the time - not until a number of years later, in fact) I will rejoice in that!

Last season, Withdean accomodated 8000, a few hundred of which were away fans. This season we have apparantly sold 16000 season tickets. So, more JCLs than die-hard real fans. Plus, another 6000 or so seats to be filled, so by my calculations JCLs will outnumber the others by about 2 to 1 (if the numbers I've quoted are a bit rough and ready, well, I am a JCL..........). Many of these JCLs will obviously want to join a fans' forum too, so very soon this board will become a place where non-JCLs are in the minority. As a tolerant society, of couse we should treat minorities politely, without ridiculing them or abusing them, and I'm sure us JCLs will not go around mocking the old die-hards. We are good people, after all, and suppport the Albion, and accept that minority groups also support the Albion, in their own way.

Oh, the good times are coming!

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
The term JCL is starting to really get up my nose. There are some, so called "fans" on this site who seem to want to label everyone as a JCL simply for posting a question, that may seem obvious the them but to the OP he may just want clarification or whatever.

Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion and to post a reply if they so wish, to label someone a JCL is demeaning and childish and needs to stop. We are all (most of us) Albion fans and it would be good if those doing the slagging off could remember that point.

Regardless of whether I did or didn't manage to see a game in the last three or four years does not make me any less a fan or expect any less respect than those who never missed a game during that time. Just because you were a STH at Withdean does not make you a super hero who demands more respect than others.

So can we PLEASE cut this JCL crap out of posts and start enjoying the wonderful club we ALL support for the right reasons? Thank you.

Where were you when you were shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here