Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL This and JCL That

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
I know a 2008 poster(and if you joined after 2005-which was when i first registered-but did not use,then you also are a JCL..........awaits :whistle:) who has been going since 1972 with my brother,who gets constant JCL abuse,but is a 99% attendee of matches.....

the porkpie joined in 2008 was a bit tongue in cheek.maybe problem also is written word can come accross wrong?

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Curly, according to Bozza, Porky Pie wears Man U shirts to games so we don't have much to worry about him.

Hope you are up for a long night !

LOL. Oh yes whilst I never intended for such a heated arguement I think we've got one.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Curly, according to Bozza, Porky Pie wears Man U shirts to games so we don't have much to worry about him.

Hope you are up for a long night !

Well i used to support Southampton when i was 8-have seen Brighton away in the 70's but don't remember,remembered the FAC final and waved the team off at the Plough,and saw the helicopter return,again too young,remembered crying at our 1-2 reverse in the Swansea midweek game from the East Terrace in 1981...but as i was not a fan proper until 1988...i class thyself as "bespoke,wannabe Jcl,sub category"

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
At least the mood has lightened in the last few posts. Cheers guys!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
the porkpie joined in 2008 was a bit tongue in cheek.maybe problem also is written word can come accross wrong?

Exactly.............jcl

I know a 2008 poster(and if you joined after 2005-which was when i first registered-but did not use,then you also are a JCL..........awaits :whistle:) who has been going since 1972 with my brother,who gets constant JCL abuse,but is a 99% attendee of matches.....

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
The term JCL is starting to really get up my nose. There are some, so called "fans" on this site who seem to want to label everyone as a JCL simply for posting a question, that may seem obvious the them but to the OP he may just want clarification or whatever.

Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion and to post a reply if they so wish, to label someone a JCL is demeaning and childish and needs to stop. We are all (most of us) Albion fans and it would be good if those doing the slagging off could remember that point.

Regardless of whether I did or didn't manage to see a game in the last three or four years does not make me any less a fan or expect any less respect than those who never missed a game during that time. Just because you were a STH at Withdean does not make you a super hero who demands more respect than others.

So can we PLEASE cut this JCL crap out of posts and start enjoying the wonderful club we ALL support for the right reasons? Thank you.

its got nothing to do with how long/ how much you support the albion, its all about post counts......apparantly...........

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
No sorry, there are guys (and galls) on here with 2000 plus posts still labelled so !

Mmmm in that case I suppose I'm just gonna have to take the flack, coz even on my death bed I'll still be thought of as a JCL to some.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Mmmm in that case I suppose I'm just gonna have to take the flack, coz even on my death bed I'll still be thought of as a JCL to some.

When did you 1st go to a Brighton game?

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
When did you 1st go to a Brighton game?

Let's see - I would have been about 12, so that's around 1979. Went quite a bit in the 1980's and early 1990's but sadly tailed off in more recent years.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Let's see - I would have been about 12, so that's around 1979. Went quite a bit in the 1980's and early 1990's but sadly tailed off in more recent years.

You are a Bespoke like me then..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here