Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jayson Molumby

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At some point he is going to have to accept he isn’t playing every week and work hard to get into the team here.

Another champ loan isn’t going to mean he returns here next summer and is an immediate starter, in fact I’d say another season long loan at Millwall would leave him exactly where he is now (on the fringe of the first team squad)

At some point if he wants to make it here he is going to have to fight to get a place on the bench and then fight for a starting spot, I can’t understand why he would put that off another season when he has an opportunity to do that now

The trouble is IMO, with a lot of youngsters, is that it feels like everything should be on a plate, with no work or competition required.

Not saying Molumby is like this, but throughout his young career he has had success after success, and it can feel like a right rather than a privilege. He is now nearing the pinnacle in terms of his sport and will need to understand that the last part is likely to be very competitive.

Just keep working hard, he’s a really good player so hope he stays and eventually works his way into the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The trouble is IMO, with a lot of youngsters, is that it feels like everything should be on a plate, with no work or competition required.

Not saying Molumby is like this, but throughout his young career he has had success after success, and it can feel like a right rather than a privilege. He is now nearing the pinnacle in terms of his sport and will need to understand that the last part is likely to be very competitive.

Just keep working hard, he’s a really good player so hope he stays and eventually works his way into the team.

I agree it does seem that way.

I think he should stay, push hard for a spot in the matchday 18 and go from there ... and if he isn’t involved enough by Jan then a loan for 2nd half of the season seems a reasonable stance.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree it does seem that way.

I think he should stay, push hard for a spot in the matchday 18 and go from there ... and if he isn’t involved enough by Jan then a loan for 2nd half of the season seems a reasonable stance.

Would seem a sensible approach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There is a collective madness around at the moment, so many things that are so clearly wrong, have suddenly become certain facts. Molumby told the press BEFORE the start of the season, I hope Brighton play me, but if I can't get regular football I would like to go back out on loan. Maybe the microphone cut out before he faded into an Irish mumble of "against my wishes"

The other one I enjoy is the accepted and repeated logic that it is no good us bidding for decent players, becasue no matter what we offer them, our rivals will just treble it, because that is what they do and Bloom doesn't want to take that gamble. There are lots of different ways of measuring and comparing football spend, not all of which reach the same conclusions. I have yet to see one that shows us paying significantly less in wages than our rivals.

Yes, all of this ^

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's probably looked at his midfield slot and knows he's in competition with Propper, Stephens (currently), Alzate, Bissouma and Lallana plus potentially Gross and White for one of those slots. As he said a few weeks ago, he wants to play games and if going on loan again gives him that chance, then I don't begrudge him taking it. That said, he could also look at Alzate an Connelly: Neither were seriously in contention for the first team until Potter came in and saw them in training every day until they were given a chance to shine.

Potter appears a very open coach when it comes to people working their way into his first team through training and understanding of his methods. The likelihood is that Molumby will be closer to the first team having played 5-10 games with us across all competitions and training with the squad every day than going out on loan again, but that's just my opinion. White going out on loan did his first team chances no harm at all for this season but he was at the Mighty Leeds™, challenging at the top of the table under the TITAN than is Bielsa.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley what better time for his chance if Stephens does leave.....

Not sure how a player who is unlikely to start leaving, improves JM chances of starting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The existing defensive midfielder gets a 3 match ban and then one of the fringe players has to take his spot.

Amazingly the current fringe player is Propper (who, in fairness has been playing like a fringe player in all his starts since lockdown) promoting JM to the bench, at best.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Amazingly the current fringe player is Propper (who, in fairness has been playing like a fringe player in all his starts since lockdown) promoting JM to the bench, at best.

If JM starts tonight in DM and smashes it he will surely have a good chance of playing on Saturday. It might have just opened up for him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure how a player who is unlikely to start leaving, improves JM chances of starting.

Well, that's just silly, isn't it?

Stephens leaving doesn't drop him straight in the team, but it very obviously IMPROVES the odds of him getting game time.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
If he’s serious about being a premier league player, impress where he can and make him too good to drop
Potter is a very good manager and if he thinks you’re good enough, will play you, another loan in the champ won’t be that beneficial if he’s already good enough to step up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If JM starts tonight in DM and smashes it he will surely have a good chance of playing on Saturday. It might have just opened up for him.

I doubt it all comes down to one game, but yes it might all open up for him
A couple of reducers, in training and it will open up for him!!!

That's the point I'm trying to make but I'm trying to do it without reading minds, knowing the future, second guessing all the permutations, insisting on looking for the negative.

As it stands JM might get game time with the Albion.
He will get game time, and lots of it, with Millwall.

Which will benefit his football career?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not in the squad v Preston, where as Propper starts.

Has he leapt over Propper and now goes into the game vs Man Utd at the weekend where as Propper is playing with the stiffs ?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He either is ahead, being loaned out or is injured. I am happy he’s ahead of propper if true

Gets all over the pitch unlike propper.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can definitely see Propper angling for a move away this window. With the Euros next summer he needs to be playing regularly

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not in the squad v Preston, where as Propper starts.

Has he leapt over Propper and now goes into the game vs Man Utd at the weekend where as Propper is playing with the stiffs ?

Pröpper’s playing catch-up regarding pre-season so needs all the minutes on offer (although too soon for Premier League ones).

You have to say that with Stephens as good as gone, the likelihood is that Davy will remain which I’m more than happy about.

However, if Ajax broke the bank for him (£20m+) and we decided to sell, you have to think that we’d need another in, maybe Barrios.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here