Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Little article on the lad for anyone interested

[tweet]583605956556251136[/tweet]

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Another article here, from The Avondhu, an Irish site: Dream very much alive for Jayson Molumby

In the coming weeks, 15-year-old Jayson Molumby from Cappoquin will cross the Irish Sea in his attempt to carve out a career as a professional soccer player.

A product of local club, Railway Athletic, Jayson is already an established schoolboy international and having caught the attention of several cross channel clubs, the Waterford youth opted for a 2 year professional contract, which includes a one year scholarship, with Championship side Brighton - or Brighton & Hove Albion to give them their full title.

Linking up with Premier League outfit West Brom was another possibility, however, in consultation with family, friends and Railway Athletic personnel it was felt that Brighton was a better fit.

A club with hopes of attaining Premier League status, Brighton have recently completed a £30 million academy, where Jayson will spend a considerable portion of time as he fine tunes his trade in the ultra competitive world of professional soccer.

Jayson was the special guest at the recent Schoolboys' Football Association of Ireland Kennedy Cup draw which took place in Lismore House Hotel. Sponsored by Umbro, this prestigious tournament attracts the top schoolboy clubs in Ireland.

WWEC representative, Liam Fraser from Tallow said Jayson possessed tremendous natural talent in addition to the temperament and work ethic require to succeed at elite level. He went on to wish the teenager the very best in the crucial years ahead - a sentiment echoed by Jayson's many friends in Cappoquin, west Waterford and beyond.

Encouraging to read that "our" Albion was considered "a better fit" than the Premier League variety.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not a bad finish

[tweet]586244241963294720[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not a bad finish

[tweet]586244241963294720[/tweet]

He knew he'd scored that as soon as he hit it which proves it was no fluke & he scores like that reasonably often. Looks class. Let's hope he makes the transition.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Chelsea run soccer schools and often run one in Brighton at old Stanley Deason. When they spot a kid they offer him an invitation place at closest development Centre which I believe is Thurrock.
It's brilliant that the Albion now dominate the local area and can provide the school and invitational at Blatchington Mill in Hove and the Elite at Lancing. I often watch the Elite boys and some of those kids can play.

Believe it or not an under 10 turned up at lancing for trial in a Palace shirt!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Chelsea run soccer schools and often run one in Brighton at old Stanley Deason. When they spot a kid they offer him an invitation place at closest development Centre which I believe is Thurrock.
It's brilliant that the Albion now dominate the local area and can provide the school and invitational at Blatchington Mill in Hove and the Elite at Lancing. I often watch the Elite boys and some of those kids can play. Believe it or not an under 10 turned up at lancing for trial in a Palace shirt!!
I once had a trial in 1985 for today's opponents in a Brighton shirt :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here