British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
lovely left foot strike . Bundle :clap:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Molumby once again captained the Republic of Ireland U-17 side today in their second match against Malta:-

[TWEET]647680511561875456[/TWEET]

A 6-0 victory guarantees the Irish a top-two finish in the group and a place in the Elite phase of qualification, which will take place next spring.

Good effort, and now the Albion U-18 side could use his talents in the league (they lost 2-1 to Chelsea today).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Molumby once again captained the ROI U-17 side to a 1-1 draw against Sweden today, ensuring the Irish finish top of their group.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
His name scans perfectly for Jason Derolu (who likes saying his own name in his songs)
Just a shame all his songs are toilet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wouldn't it be great if in the not too distant future one of our youth players could successfully burst through into the first team at a ridiculously young age in a Michael Owen / Rooney-esque manner.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Wouldn't it be great if in the not too distant future one of our youth players could successfully burst through into the first team at a ridiculously young age in a Michael Owen / Rooney-esque manner.

Absolutely - I'm sure our fans would get right behind such a young England star like say, Jake Forster-Caskey. Oh, wait a minute...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

jake-robinson-363326.jpg?

James Tilley of course made the squad at Boro last year.
Jordan Maguire-Drew might be your man (boy).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Jayson Molumby wasn't involved in the U-18s defeat at West Ham today, but is in the squad for the U-21s game against Derby at the training ground this coming Monday:-

[TWEET]654643769237721089[/TWEET]

Jordan Maguire-Drew was another not involved today (for the first time this season), and so I wonder if he might also be involved on Monday.

Stumpy Tim

Maguire-Drew does seem to be quite a special player. Touch wood he can make a real impact in a couple of years. It's probably his age group that'll be the first to produce Premier League quality (apart from Cook and Elphick obviously)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely - I'm sure our fans would get right behind such a young England star like say, Jake Forster-Caskey. Oh, wait a minute...
I'm sure they would. This is not an attempt to rubbish JFC, but I did stipulate breaking through in a Michael Owen/Rooney-esque manner. It's almost four years since JFC made his full Albion debut; after four years he is still usually in the squad. Well done that lad - not knocking that. After four years though, Owen and Rooney were internationally acknowledged superstars, and automatically among the first names on the team sheet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
View attachment 68965?

Yes, I hope they turn out to be fabulous players for the Albion (and in time earn us Crystal Palace/Southampton sized transfer fees). If, however, in three or four years time they're in the squad, hanging around on the fringes of the first team, that won't necessarily be a bad thing, but it's not the sort of real breakthrough I was talking about.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Jayson Molumby captained the Republic of Ireland U-17 side yesterday as they drew 1-1 with Switzerland in a friendly. Molumby scored the goal, and very well taken it was too:-

Fellow Albion first year scholar, striker Thomas Byrne, also started the match and played 74 minutes.

Yet another of our Irish scholars, first year Rian O'Sullivan (who plays on the left of midfield) is in the squad but wasn't involved.

There is another match against the same opponents tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here