[yt]Z3IY5p2H30I[/yt]

Each And Everyone Of Them A Legend

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
What about our own Roots Manuva?

There's too many rappers with misogynistic nonsense, but only one who's contented with his cheese on toast or downs 10 pints of bitter :bowdown::thumbsup:

[yt]zV4UBDvP5zA[/yt]

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Well, Carrots Me Old Mucker.

I Think You'll Find My Little Selection Includes 2 Of Britain's Finest Hip-Hopsters. And Not A Bling Bling Amongst Any Of Them.

And 2 Of America's Best Too. Could Have Had De La Soul Too.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Do any of their tedious Pam-Ayres-on-skunk poems by any chance talk about how much money they've made? Or how they like shagging lots of women (preferable with a video of fat wiggling bottoms, designed to impress spotty 13 year old kids?) Or how sad they are about someone who talked about shooting people all the time ended up getting shot? If so, how very FASCINATING.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Do any of their tedious Pam-Ayres-on-skunk poems by any chance talk about how much money they've made? Or how they like shagging lots of women (preferable with a video of fat wiggling bottoms, designed to impress spotty 13 year old kids?) Or how sad they are about someone who talked about shooting people all the time ended up getting shot? If so, how very FASCINATING.

Overlord X - 14 Days In May Is A Commentary On The Execution Of An Innocent Man In America And A British Lawyer's Attempts To Free Him. A Brilliant Track. Truly Brilliant.

De La Soul And A Tribe Called Quest Could Never Ever Be Described As Cock-Rock Gangsta.

KRS-1 Is Without Equal In His Attempts To Stop Black On Black Murders And Gangsta Crime.

Eric B And Rakim Were A The Forefront Of Educating Black Youngsters And As For Chuck D...Well, Say What You Like But Their Message Is Strictly Political.

Roots Manuva Is Famous For His Turning Of Banality And Normalness Into An Art Form.

Yes, There's Misogynistic Bling Bling Rap But Absolutely No Different From Say Nirvana Versus The Poodle Rockers.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Roots Manuva Is Famous For His Turning Of Banality And Normalness Into An Art Form.
Hmm, that sounds good. The "must remember to renew my tax disk before Tuesday" rap. Or that other slice of life classic "tsk, what have I done with my keys?" Nah...I'd rather listen to the genius of James Brown without the boring braggards who can't even sing talking their shitey state-the-bleeding-obvious bollocks over the top of them.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Hmm, that sounds good. The "must remember to renew my tax disk before Tuesday" rap. Or that other slice of life classic "tsk, what have I done with my keys?" Nah...I'd rather listen to the genius of James Brown without the boring braggards who can't even sing talking their shitey state-the-bleeding-obvious bollocks over the top of them.

Yes. You Are Right. Best Not To Broaden Your Horizons. I Hear The 80s Promises To Be A Great Decade For Music. Can't Wait.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

Thanks Dad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Eminen = Shit
Jay-Z = Shit
Snoop Dogg = Shit

They're all shit. Enough of the Gridiron tops, bling chains, trainers, misogyny, degrading women, guns, posing and duets with Timberlake or Carey. You can all go f*** yourselves.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Speaking as someone who a finds Jay-Z a little hit and miss, I think its perfectly reasonable to call him the "greatest living hip-hop artist". I don't think there's anyone else who has had as many great tracks, or even come close to achieving the level of success he has attained. There's plenty of people I like more, but I don't think you can compare Dre (nice beats, shame about the rapping), Eminem (nice rapping, shame about the beats), or Nas (too sporadic).

The only person that can come close at the moment is Kanye, but he's still got a bit of work to put in, despite having been around for a lot longer than most people think.

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Basically, if you're talking rappers that have made albums that shit on most stuff you look to jay. Reasonable doubt is ridiculous, the blueprint has got STUPID tunes on and even the black album samcks it. Only Snoop, imo, can be up there with his back catalogue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports